Purchased a lemon , any comeback?

Soldato
OP
Here is update for anybody interested. We ended up getting a 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura in the end. Had it RAC inspected before purchase.

CqmGt9L.jpg

eAJVf5w.jpg

kCzaeTd.jpg

Soldato
We ended up getting a 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura in the end.
looks smart .. purchased from a garage ?
would any garages refund an RAC check if it revealed problems ? at the very least you would use it as a bargaining chip,
and anyway it is an additional guarantee of itself - so worth it.

Soldato
OP
looks smart .. purchased from a garage ?
would any garages refund an RAC check if it revealed problems ? at the very least you would use it as a bargaining chip,
and anyway it is an additional guarantee of itself - so worth it.

Yes from a garage. The garage gave me a 3 month warranty direct with them( not some 3rd party warranty) to fix any problems if they should arrise.

I doubt you would be able to get a refund , but Im guessing they would fix any problems that it brings up to get the sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes from a garage. The garage gave me a 3 month warranty direct with them( not some 3rd party warranty) to fix any problems if they should arrise.

I doubt you would be able to get a refund , but Im guessing they would fix any problems that it brings up to get the sale.
They "gave you" 3 months warranty? What about the 6 months they kinda have to give you by law?

Soldato
Which is pretty much meaningless since the law requires a 6 month warranty.
if the 3month warranty protects you against faults where it could, otherwise, be argued they are legitimate wear and tear for a car of that age and not present at purchase time, then they have value ?

Soldato
The problem with that is that every warranty company in the world will either explicitly exclude or try and argue certain items are "wear and tear" regardless of how long ago the car was purchased.

Having said that I have had things like drop links replaced under these types of warranty in the past so it's potentially better than nothing.

Soldato
When you're buying an old car on a budget you have to buy on condition.

As has been shown, knackered old BMW Minis only sell to folk following their heart and dreams.

Caporegime
Here is update for anybody interested. We ended up getting a 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura in the end. Had it RAC inspected before purchase.

CqmGt9L.jpg

eAJVf5w.jpg

kCzaeTd.jpg

That seems like a much more sensible buy than the mini. Looks better than some old mini anyway. I have honestly never seen the fascination with minis. Disgusting looking little things inside and out.

Caporegime
The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. I personally think Mini interiors are awesome. Though the only ones I think that look good externally are the R53 Cooper S and R56 Cooper S.

Soldato

Great choice! My girlfriend has had one for 4 years with zero issues. Its been the most reliable car we have owned. Great gear change as well and actually quite fun to throw around!

Back
Top Bottom