Pure Highway 200 - DAB adapter?

Capodecina
Soldato
Does anyone have any experience of / with a DAB Adapter / FM Transmitter for car radio?

I an thinking of getting a Pure Highway for use in my car and would like to hear whether or not they work effectively.

. . . i replaced my stereo with a Chinese unit, and not looked back since as it was made to fit my car, so the stalk on the side of the steering wheel would work with it straight out of the box and still look part of the car
What is the "Chinese unit" and how easy was it to remove the old radio and fit the new one?

if you want just hands free calls, just get a cheap one from the bay

i have an xtrons unit, you can go to their website and put you cars make and model in, so you can see what they look like in your car
Thanks but actually I just want decent interference-free radio reception without distortion and/or dropouts; I am not bothered about hands free calls.

Looking around, I am interested in the Pure Highway200 which seems to fit the bill at £40 - has anyone used one of these?

I sold lots of the much earlier version of this. No complaints. It isn't factory fit but does what it says on the tin.
Thanks for that, worth trying then.
Does the supplied ribbon aerial stuck to the inside of passenger side of the windscreen actually work reliably?

cant you use your phone as the radio ?
Probably . . . what a depressing thought . . . listening to the radio, in the car, on a 'phone ;)

Unfortunately it seemed to be 'car dependant' (not all windscreens made equal). A lot of DAB antennas are integrated into the rear glass nowadays so it 'should' work but DAB was inherently a bad technology (I think it has changed to DAB+ now) for handling poor signal.

I'd be tempted to get it from Amazon and give it a go. Your alternative is to replace the head unit. What car is it?
1.4 TSI VW Polo.

Thanks, I will go with the Amazon offering - maybe try a different aerial if I have problems :)

Back
Top Bottom