Putting together a new rig, would like some advice.

Associate
Hey guys im building a new pc id like some feed back i think im a little outta my depth in some places so id like some questions answered ive read through this forum for quite a bit but couldnt find specific answers.

Rig:

AMD64 3700+ SD
Sapphire PURE RD580 CrossFire Advantage (the cheap one thats black)
2x Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC4000 Ballistix Dual Channel
X1900 (probably a powercolour unless OCUK keeps running its deal on the C3D)
ThermalRight XP-120
An Armor case from TT (the Jr. if ne one actually stocks it when i build this)
Im gonna use the Akasa Ambers for all the fans on there
Tagan 530W ATX2.01 2Force SLi PSU
Then all the other stuff...i dont think its relivant tho.

Ok firstly i plan to do a decent amount of overclocking, how well does that SD overclock in comparison to other CPUs ive read the Veinice is beter but im not sure if thats true.

The crucial, ive read a lot of posts on here bout ppl who hav it for 3 months and hav to RMA it...general horror stories of it all goin **** up basically. Is this true? Is crucial unreliable, ne one got ne thats still goin strong? Also im only going to be overclocking on air so is the PC4000 a waste? I dont mind spending a little more for PC4000 but only if its actually gonna make a diff.

Do any of the X1900 overclock better then ne of the others i realise they all got the same chips in em (thats ryt isnt it?).

As for the ThermalRight XP-120, ive heard a lot from you guys about the nija and another cooler...i forget its name but how good is the XP-120 ive seen benchmarks and it seems to all give relitivly the same performance. Also looking at the sapphire board it has a really high northbridge cooler, im worried it will conflict with the XP-120 any ideas on that, will i need to buy a smaller northbridge cooler?

Lastly any tweaks that you think would make the rig better are very welcome.

Thnx Guys

iNDEH :D

Back
Top Bottom