Python programming and where to start?

Soldato
Morning all, my gf is a python programmer and my best made is a programmer too. Anyway, I know NOTHING about programming but would like to take it up as a side hobby.

I was looking at this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Python-Prog...+Introduction+to+Computer+Science+2nd+edition

But can't get it on the kindle, I really would like an 'introductory' book, any suggestions? And yea, Python would be my preferred first language as I have many around me who can help me out with it.

Soldato
OP
my gf is a python programmer and my best made is a programmer too

Sounds like dependency injection.

I'm a techie of a different variety, I'd just like to gain more knowledge on the subject. I think you're reading between the lines a little too much lol.

Or you're trolling? In which case, carry on!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the links guys. I'll finish off the introductory lessons on Code Academy and then I'll go from there.

At the moment, all I want to do is see if I can wrap my head around Python to a absolute minimum level. See if it's something I like. If I finish the basics and I'm still intrigued, then I'll think more on starting computer science foundation stuff and so on.

Back
Top Bottom