• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

q6600 OC

Associate
hi all, how well can a 5 year old q6600 be expected to overclock with a noctua nh-d14? is it worth buying the noctua at all? i read that oc shouldn't do anything bad if done right, but would like to make sure ^^

thanks very much

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks for replies! can't really tell what stepping it is yet. it's a hand-me-down that hasn't arrived in my hands yet. will it make a difference?

i was going to head for 3.6 anyway, nothing too drastic i hope :p

also my mobo is a GA-P43T-ES3G (rev. 1.3). supposedly it overclocks ok. (hope so anyway!)

Associate
OP
4.0 :O. don't have the cojones to try that. seems like a touch and go kind of thing. well i'll see what i can get. fingers crossed for 3.6 still, even though the board is kind of budget...

Associate
OP
that thread's also gonna come in really handy, thanks a lot j.col!

lol yeah director, my tentative plan is to change with the ivybridge release anyway. either an ivybridge or hopefully a reduced 2500k

Associate
OP
erm quick question. do you think the 3 default fans on a fractal arc midi will be sufficient to take my q6600 up to ~3.4ghz with the nh-d14? i was gonna get some extra fans but the ones i wanted won't fit/are too expensive/perform worse :<

cheers

Associate
OP
thanks for the quick reply.

well... it's all speculation still ^^". can't build or buy anything until certain criteria are met. firstly, the cpu isn't mine yet, it's a friend's until next month or so

Back
Top Bottom