Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Soldato
Just wanted to post this here as the embargo lifted for the game a couple of minutes ago and Gamespot posted this.

"Xbox One title Quantum Break will also be released on PC, and both versions will launch on April 5, developer Remedy Entertainment and publisher Microsoft have confirmed."

Great news for us PC gamers as this personally is one of my most awaited games this year :D

Article here....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-pc-version-confirmed/1100-6434694/

PC Requirements added.

quantumbreak.png

More interesting info.

WINDOWS 10

QUANTUM BREAK FOR XBOX ONE PRE-ORDER OFFER:

WHAT IS THE SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER ON “QUANTUM BREAK?”

For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016.

HOW LONG DOES THIS SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER LAST FOR?

The special pre-order offer will run from February 11 to April 4th, 2016.

HOW DO I GET THE WINDOWS 10 VERSION OF THE GAME FOR FREE?

Starting February 11, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 5, 2016.

HOW WILL I RECEIVE THE WINDOWS 10 CODE? HOW DO I ACTIVATE IT?

After you pre-order a digital copy of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store, you will receive a system message over Xbox Live that includes a 5x5 redemption code for the Windows 10 version of the game. Codes will be issued shortly after launch.

WILL THERE BE SHARED PROGRESS ACROSS THE CAMPAIGN? IS THERE ANY CROSS-PLAY OPPORTUNITIES BETWEEN THE XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 VERSIONS?

“Quantum Break” will support shared saves between the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. There is no cross-play functionality as “Quantum Break” is a single player action-adventure experience.

GAME INFO:

Quantum Break is an upcoming third-person shooter action game to be released for the Xbox One & Microsoft Windows. It is being developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Studios. A Quantum Break digital live-action series is also in production. The game will feature digital episodes that interact with the game based on the player's choices.

Quantum Break is a third-person action-adventure game. Players play as Jack Joyce, a person with time manipulation powers in a world where time stutters, making everything freeze except Joyce. Players can use a variety of firearms, as well as their time-manipulating powers to defeat enemies in the game. Joyce can stop time temporarily, allowing him to escape from attacks or freeze enemies, unleash a "Time Blast", which is an offensive projectile, and reverse the direction of bullets. He can also interact with the environments, creating environmental effects that would harm hostile characters. He can also utilize his "Time Rush" ability, which allows him to spawn right next to an enemy to perform an immediate melee takedown. In addition, players can speed up the time around him and swap between covers to diversify attention from unaware enemies. As for defensive abilities, Joyce can protect himself from attacks by deploying a "Time Shield", which can deflect bullets, performing "Time Dodge", which allows him to dash quickly to evade from attacks or simply hiding behind covers.

There are also less action-orientated segments in the game, where players have to solve environmental puzzles while progressing the game like a 3D platform game. With time stuttering and collapsing, objects may get trapped in a time loop. This would make them to become environment hazards and enter an unstable state which are constantly shifting, and would hence create dangerous situations for players, such as them repeatedly smashing into a platform. These objects would become obstacles that would block players' way, and they can be overcome by slowing down or stopping time, so that Joyce can escape from these objects and progresses without getting hurt. He can also call help by relieving frozen non-playable characters.

The gameplay is split into segments. After playing through a segment of the game an episode of the digital show will play. In the game, the video game portion will tell the story of the protagonists while the show will tell the story of the antagonists. Players can make choices as the antagonist in the beginning of each episode of the TV show, also known as "the junction points". These decisions would influence the state of the game.

SCREENSHOTS: (xbox One version as there are no official pc screenshots yet)

quantum-break-punch.jpg

quantum-break-time-stop.jpg

quantum-break-gunfight.jpg

TRAILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNYbVPSs38

NEW GAMEPLAY PREVIEWS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OaGMi4RaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pikh6UrRe0k

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It seems Gamespot took GOW4 and Scalebound off that article. May have been a mistake or they jumped the gun abit there lol.

Soldato
OP
Well according to rumors Scalebound, Gears of war 4, Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 are coming to the PC too and i'd imagine to the windows store just like Quantum Break so we might have to get used to it if we want to play these titles on PC. Im fine with the windows store. Id prefere steam of course but if i get to play these amazing games on my pc i don't mind which they come to. The only downside is if Xfire doesn't work.

Soldato
OP
We don't just have to get used to it. We are the consumer.

Of course but do you expect a company like Microsoft to care about that....they will do as they please.
Id much rather buy these on steam but going by past history I doubt well have this choice. The other only option is for them to drastically change the Windows Marketplace and I won't get my hopes up over that.

Soldato
OP
i was very excited for this game but it sounds like its not worth it on the windows store lol.

Think ill wait untill it pops up on steam in the future :D

Back
Top Bottom