Qucik removal icon

Soldato
not sure if this should be in the motherboard section but...

i just got a sata 2 drive for my asrock dual-sata2 board. the drive works fine but i get that quick removal icon showing up in my system tray. is there any way to get rid of that icon without loosing the drive?

Soldato
I don't think the OS drive gets included in the plug and play awareness thing, why'd you wanna pull out your OS drive?..... removing a 2nd second storage device makes more sense.

I'd hazard a guess at saying its like that by design.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
my OS drive shows as plug n play

also i think it depends on controller

on my old 875 board my i used sata and i never saw that icon

but ever since my NF3 and future boards ive seen that icon

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
odd how my main sata boot drive did not show that icon. the icon has only appeared since i installed my new drive.
I used to have the same thing and looking, neither of my SATA drives are in there anymore after a fresh XP install. Bit drastic to get rid of such a small problem though :p

raf

raf

Associate
I used to have no problem with this on my last via mobo with a main os drive and a storage drive, as soon as I set my new nforce one up I got the same safely remove hardware icon for both my hdds showing.

Another weird thing is that both hdds have got 2gigs 'invisible' usage, no idea what's going on there at all (ie my storage drive had 5gigs free before I formatted/installed the new mobo but after I plugged it back in it had 3).

Back
Top Bottom