Query: Corsair RMA without an Invoice?

Associate
I've done further testing on my PSU (HX650) (check for some of my previous threads for more details), and it does start to have some squealing coming from the fan area (but may not be the fan itself) especially during load (I've turned the PSU around so the fan is facing myself now and its very obvious something isn't quite right; previously never identified it as the cause of this particular noise as the rest of the system was downright loud). So I'm thinking of doing an RMA whilst its still in its 7 year warranty period. The only problem is, I don't have the paper invoice anymore. (It's near 7 years ago now, and a lot has happened to this family in that time).

Now, I've looked around and found that Corsair don't really do RMA's in most cases where there is no Invoice. Normally, I would log into my account on the store and download the electronic order/invoice and I can then have that accepted for an RMA.

The problem is, the store I purchased it from, closed its online doors in 2016, and rebranded (taken over by its parent company I believe), and my old account there doesn't exist anymore. (Just tried, old account doesn't even have a recover password email associated in their system, so they don't recognise my account at all).

Am I entirely out of luck on attempting an RMA on this front? Anyone know off hand if I have any other options on this RMA front (any way to getting an invoice or not needing to with Corsair as the store rebranded?). Or is it simply better to just wash my hands of this incident and grab a new PSU entirely of the bat instead?

Associate
OP
Wow, looks like I didn't search hard enough. There's no main web page to log in, but there's a mobile version. And it looks like I can pull my invoices from there. Wish me luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom