Query

Soldato
Ages since I did anything web related, now been asked best option to provide a small static website/hosting for local church. Requirement would be that laypeople could update trivially with latest info etc.

I`m hoping you guys with finger on the pulse could advise? thanks etc.

Soldato
OP
Well is it you that will be designing it? You get a template then upload it to your host then edit it.

Yes I think I`m capable of all that sort of stuff, just really looking for advice on which would be best given some form of basic idiot proof content management is required (sorry again but its years since I had up to speed knowledge etc)

Soldato
OP
There is no way someone asking questions like this will be able to configure and setup and maintain Wordpress.

Wordpress is a minefield for someone who has to ask questions about basic setups.
Maybe to give you an idea of my level of knowledge, years ago I built a website with a html/PHP & all associated hosting, domain records etc so I'd say I wasn't totally clueless but definitely out of the loop, and tbh probably not looking for a learning curve that's time consuming , especially too as I intend to hand over to complete laypeople ultimately.

Soldato
OP
Go take a look at bootstrap templates. Google "Church Bootstrap Templates". As for content how much content you talking about? What sort of things? Documents? Would you need logins e.t.c. There is a lot to think about. You could use a bootstrap template and then a CMS in the backend. Depends what you really are looking for.
You're correct, & tbh gleaning what they actually require as you probably understand isn't straightforward, though I'm thinking pretty much simple updates functionality to cater for announcements etc , thanks for taking the time to help btw, appreciated.

I'll have a look at bootstrap templates.

Back
Top Bottom