Quest 2 headphones

Soldato
Soldato
Koss KSC75 clip on over the ear phones are excellent and not expensive. Similar sound to the original CV1 headphones.

The only issue is the cord is a bit long, so it's worth shortening it.

You can also get 3D printed mounts for them, so you can attach them to the elite headstrap.

Soldato
Would these sound better than in ears?

I'll have to see if they do a bracket for the GOMRVR headstrap

I don't know about sounding better, they are probably on par. It all depends on what you prefer comfort wise.
I personally can't wear in ear headphones, the shape of my ear they always fall out.
If your used to wearing in ear then it would be worth with just going with a set of them

Associate
I bought the Koss KC75 mentioned above and really happy with the difference. A lot more immersive for the likes of Tetris Effect. Got some 3D printed clips on the way so it’s a bit easier/quicker taking everything on and off.

Permabanned
The cheap in ear ones are superior to the built in sound but they are cheap for a reason. I got some of the 14 quid ones and they are worth it for the price but are not going to win any sound quality awards. :)

Soldato
OP
I just looking for more impact and some bass for beat saber mainly.

When the bracket attachment is used, does the headphone get pushed against the ear, or does it just sit next to it?

Soldato
Watching with interest. The noise leakage on the Q2 standard speakers usually gets me in trouble with my wife, and tbh it's very flat anyway. I tried my overears, but they just don't sit right with the strap in the way.

Soldato
Watching with interest. The noise leakage on the Q2 standard speakers usually gets me in trouble with my wife, and tbh it's very flat anyway. I tried my overears, but they just don't sit right with the strap in the way.

I prefer to use the Quest without headphones, but the Wife does complain about the noise. :rolleyes:

Associate
I bought the Koss KC75 mentioned above and really happy with the difference. A lot more immersive for the likes of Tetris Effect. Got some 3D printed clips on the way so it’s a bit easier/quicker taking everything on and off.

This sounds like a really good idea. May you share how one can acquire such clips? Link to the 3d model?

Underboss
i use the in ear AMVR ones

sound is "ok" but you get used to it, and its fine (to me)
im happy with them

with the AMVR ones , i like the idea of having them stored to the sides of the quest, just grab them and stick them in your ears when in VR :) and vice/versa

Soldato
I have tried out a few headphones including some of the ones mentioned here. I play without headphones for a while and then I just feeling that I am missing out so I try another pair of headphones to see if I will keep them this time. And, yeah, they are all great and sound great but after a short while I am back to using the headset without headphones and enjoy it more.

For me the improvement in sound quality hasn't been worth it. It's great not having anything in ear or on ear.

Associate
For me the improvement in sound quality hasn't been worth it. It's great not having anything in ear or on ear.

I was surprised at how decent the Q2 sounds on its own. All the talk of after market headphones had me expecting a really crappy experience. Sure, it's not how I'd want to listen to music, but playing games, watching some internet stuff, it's perfectly fine, more comfortable than strapping on headphones, and much easier to pass the Q2 to my son if we are having turns on a particular game. If those neat earphones from the G2 were available as an after market attachment, I could be tempted, but otherwise, the built in audio is fine for me. I also like that I can hear the wife and kids calling for me - whereas using it with my AirPods Pro or Beyerdynamic DT880pro I have no idea what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom