Quest 2, Two Facebook Accounts same Details...worried?

Soldato
Hi,

I had two Rift CV1's, sold both a now have two Quest 2's.

One of the Rifts was connected to my real Facebook account, when the "rule" came in that required a Facebook account I created another and pined that to my second Rift...

Given the recent YouTube video's on accounts been banned how worried should I be?

I think both Facebook accounts actually use my real details.

Cheers

Soldato
It seems like long-standing accounts are unlikely to be banned (though it's still possible as it's against Facebook's TOS to have more than one account).

Facebook don't seem to realise that people might have multiple devices and accounts so they can play MP games with family and friends.

Soldato
OP
It seems like long-standing accounts are unlikely to be banned (though it's still possible as it's against Facebook's TOS to have more than one account).

Facebook don't seem to realise that people might have multiple devices and accounts so they can play MP games with family and friends.
Do people get "banned" or temporarily locked?

Exactly why I've got two (MP games with family and friends), and I've bought a fair few games twice for this very reason...

Not sure about bans (temporarily or permanently locked), assume a factory re-set would "free" the headset from the ban, but not sure....still not good as I'd lose the second copy of the game I've legitimately bought...

Planning on buying some more games soon, but more than a little concerned...

Soldato
I've not heard of a headset ban so far, just account bans. Factory resetting a Quest will allow a different account to be used.

Facebook are implementing multiple login support soon, plus games now have a 'supports family sharing' icon in their description which seems to suggest that soon games stored on a device could be shared across multiple accounts that log into it.

Soldato
OP
I've not heard of a headset ban so far, just account bans. Factory resetting a Quest will allow a different account to be used.

Facebook are implementing multiple login support soon, plus games now have a 'supports family sharing' icon in their description which seems to suggest that soon games stored on a device could be shared across multiple accounts that log into it.

Thanks, that's good info.

I'll carry on as I am as I guess I'll lose the games I've bought on my second account if I do anything else, plus multiplayer in the same room is a right laugh! (me and the misses played Arizona Sunshine in the same room (Rift CV1) and it was hilarious accidently bumping into each other when terrified sneaking through a dark cave in coop)

Back
Top Bottom