Quest 3 owners etc

I'm having some problems getting steamlink to work as well. I think it's because my pc is wired into my router and I also have an ethernet cable that runs to a WiFi 6 Asus xt8. I don't think it can see that it's on the same network.

I guess I need to try and cable into the xt8 instead of the router? Or would putting the port on the router into bridge mode achieve the same thing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I assume virtual desktop won't intrinsically make it faster - just make it more configurable?

It should offer you enough information to be able to see what is going on. I do not know much about the router you have or how flexible it is, in terms of settings for Wi-Fi. I do know that a couple of our children have the Sky hub and their Wireless strength is not great.

My Asus Wi-Fi 6 router is placed in the room next door to my PC, that room is where we use our Quest 3.
I have around 50 devices connected to the Wi-Fi, many are low demand, and around 15 or so are using the 5Ghz band.
So far my Quest 3 has run fine, and the stats seem reasonable.
That, as noted, is with the VR set not being in the same room as the router.
Even the Air Link Quest software will run some diagnostics to let you know how optimal they are.

I'm having some problems getting steamlink to work as well. I think it's because my pc is wired into my router and I also have an ethernet cable that runs to a WiFi 6 Asus xt8. I don't think it can see that it's on the same network.

I guess I need to try and cable into the xt8 instead of the router? Or would putting the port on the router into bridge mode achieve the same thing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If they are both Asus routers you can try and enable "Mesh" mode, to join both Wi-Fi's and the main one controls the other, as such.
If not, then the second router should be set as an action point to the primary router.
Is bridge mode something that you would want or need over that what I described, to have a unified Wi-Fi..?

I've ordered a 20m cat 8 cable and a TP link 5 port gigabit switch yesterday. I'll run the cable from the 2.5GHZ port of my vm hub5 (downstairs) to my upstairs PC to hopefully sort any network issues with my Quest 3.

Last edited:
If they are both Asus routers you can try and enable "Mesh" mode, to join both Wi-Fi's and the main one controls the other, as such.
If not, then the second router should be set as an action point to the primary router.
Is bridge mode something that you would want or need over that what I described, to have a unified Wi-Fi..?
The router is just the one that came with my FTTP connection, so I have that just to provide internet access to the XT8 which is the exclusive wifi. I think the easiest thing will be for me to cable into the Xt8 as its in the same room. I'll try at lunch time.

The router is just the one that came with my FTTP connection, so I have that just to provide internet access to the XT8 which is the exclusive wifi. I think the easiest thing will be for me to cable into the Xt8 as its in the same room. I'll try at lunch time.

Good luck with that :)

They are building, BRSK and OR, the infrastructure outside our house etc for the FTTP options. Should be interesting.

Good luck with that :)

They are building, BRSK and OR, the infrastructure outside our house etc for the FTTP options. Should be interesting.
It worked instantly :) Just need to get some games to do PCVR with - might try hogwarts VR mod as I at least have that already installed (well the main game at least)

I've downloaded the metalhellsinger demo - should do the trick for now without faffo of installing a mod.

I also found a github project that has referral codes for all the games on the quest store which will be useful!

Last edited:
I also found a github project that has referral codes for all the games on the quest store which will be useful!
the referal goes back to the person whos pasted teh codes so they also get a few ££ you'll find people posting referal codes all over the show.
i often wondered if it was worth adding our own to the deals thread

the referal goes back to the person whos pasted teh codes so they also get a few ££ you'll find people posting referal codes all over the show.
i often wondered if it was worth adding our own to the deals thread

I've asked that before, but your not allowed to post codes on the forum. People snipe them and forum members don't get them, so it's a no no I'm afraid

I've asked that before, but your not allowed to post codes on the forum. People snipe them and forum members don't get them, so it's a no no I'm afraid

How is someone going to snipe a referral though? The poster would still get the referral? The next person can still use the link?

Could we skirt the restrictions a bit? A thread where everyone posts a list of the games they have, it grows into a large list. People take the top name for the game they want, DM them, and once referred, repost the list, but with the person who just gave the referral now on the bottom.

That way the names get rotated, no actual link is posted, but we help each other out?

Could we skirt the restrictions a bit? A thread where everyone posts a list of the games they have, it grows into a large list. People take the top name for the game they want, DM them, and once referred, repost the list, but with the person who just gave the referral now on the bottom.
im happy to provide a list of games if we can agree with the mods/rules how to best handle it.

Just bought Saints and Sinners Walking Dead from CD Keys, for less than a tenner.
Not tried it yet tho.

It's great. Top tip when you start: Pay attention to the time and get out before the bells sound. It's tempting to keep looking for more crafting materials etc but you will just end up dying. Takes a while before you get to make a katana, but it's worth the wait!

Back
Top Bottom