Quest 3 owners etc

Finally got shipping notification from the phone store for my headset, none yet for the elite battery strap though lol.
Is the cable long enough to reach to the other side of the Q3 headset, because they have moved the headphone jack to the right side I believe, making some headphones with short cables non compatible.
They're wireless and have a USB C dongle that plugs in, no cables involved.

Finally got shipping notification from the phone store for my headset, none yet for the elite battery strap though lol.

They're wireless and have a USB C dongle that plugs in, no cables involved.

So presumably if you're using these wireless buds, you can't also plug in a battery pack? for extended play?

Last edited:
Oh the new lenses are just lovely. No more wriggling the headset around constantly to get back in the sweet spot.

The image is also much sharper. Text is clean and easy to read now.

Looking forward to having a proper shot after work.

Can't wait to compare it to the pico 4 and quest pro

mine came this morning, only just had chance to switch it on, mines got dead or stuck white pixels in the left eye :(

Are you and @TheOracle the same person?? Or are you related and have some kind of eye defect? :p

Joking aside, sorry dude, I have never met two guys with such bad luck with dead pixels. Maybe they are just stuck and will work themselves out in a few sessions?

mine came this morning, only just had chance to switch it on, mines got dead or stuck white pixels in the left eye :(

Same old, same old eh? I'm fully expecting to send mine back.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for us though. I've been chatting with Artur (CEO of Somnium) about my experiences with them. He knows the production lines and the process for all VR components as you would expect. Apple are rejecting most of their OLED panels at the minute as they don't hit their QC.

anyway, I've got him to add this.....

somniumspace.com

td1EL11.jpg

Last edited:
As I feared, my face doesn't perfectly fit with my IPD, however, due to the lenses, my nose gets in the way a bit, it makes very little difference, since I can just open it up a little, some more adjustment on where it sits will help too I'm sure. It certainly seemed fine on a quick play.

It's clearly a lot slimmer, which helps the weight distribution immensely. I've attached the skullcap attachment I had on my q2 strap just fine, and have the elasticated powerbank holder on there too. Lovely.

Walkabout golf, I can now look out the corner of my eye and see the hole! Really nice FOV improvement.

Passthrough is interesting. It's obviously not perfect, but I could read my phone fairly well. However, playing the little MR game on the intro, you don't notice the quality, it just works because you're into it. Playing in an awkward space, but it was great to see them appearing from different places, climbing on furniture, going behind things as well. It'll probably be mini games, but there's a ton of fun mini games to be had with that!

Last edited:
Are you and @TheOracle the same person?? Or are you related and have some kind of eye defect? :p

Joking aside, sorry dude, I have never met two guys with such bad luck with dead pixels. Maybe they are just stuck and will work themselves out in a few sessions?

I've had more headsets than most, and we've about 30 at work. Most have them, just not many people notice.

Pico almost certainly bought panel rejects for their earlier models. I'm not saying nobody got a pixel perfect one, but it was the exception.

Meta aren't perfect either. My quest pro had a dead pixel. I think it's because the technology is being pushed to the limit.

Last edited:

Lol yeah, i noticed it almost immediately, it's not just 1 there's a stuck blob of a few, extremely obvious and i'm not accepting that, return initiated, going to get another though of course.

I've had more headsets than most, and we've about 30 at work. Most have them, just not many people notice.

I have owned a lot of headsets too. And been the "IT GUY" in the area, I have seen a load more headsets than most. I would notice a dead/stuck pixel, they are so jarring, not sure how people can't see them. Saying that, I have never seen a headset with dead pixels. From HTC, Samsung, HP or Meta.

Back
Top Bottom