Question about a the Canon iP4200

Permabanned
Basically all I want to know is, can you use the lower tray (not sure if it's an output or input tray) to feed paper?

Canon_iP4200%5b1%5d.jpg

The image tells me it is output only, with the input being at the rear.

The reason I ask, is I only have about 9" of shelf space for a printer - therefore a rear tray going up against the wall, is quite simply out of the question. :(

Permabanned
OP
markyb said:
hey,

I have the IP4000 Printer, Its the same as the IP4200 but they have changed the look a little.

The printer allows you to feed from either paper tray bottom/top (Both are inputs). There is a button on the front which allows you to select a paper tray. I always use the bottom tray for A4, and open up the top tray sometimesfor 4x6.

Its a an amazing printer, esp for the money and its really good on ink too.

Hope this helps buddy ;)
Pretty much what I wanted to hear.

Can't be much worse than my HP Deskjet 3820 that's now in multiple pieces. ;)

Permabanned
OP
Scythe said:
LOL i had a HP Deskjet 3822, same but different shape i think and it was carp, kept breaking and everything so i got my ip2000 and its great!
TBH I didn't my 3820. It seemed reliable enough, but it was a bit sluggish on photo prints and couldn't print on CDs or do borderless printing.

Basically on the last it made grinding noises, chewed paper up, and point-blank refused to acknowledge any print job. So, with the aid of a flat-headed screwdriver, I forced the top cover off. :)

My Canon should be with my next week. :cool:

Permabanned
OP
ACPCUP said:
Just put the A4 in the bottom tray! Ace!! Thanks guys. My only gripe with the Canon is the ink on the paper takes a while to dry!!
I can live with that, TBH. My only gripe is the small ink tanks, they seem to have.

Something else I noticed - why two black tanks?

All will be revealed for me on Monday, I suspect. :o

Permabanned
OP
Peg said:
They also changed the ink as well. Until compatables become available for this model it costs a fortune to run. I have had one for 3 months and still no sign of cheap ink.
I buy my ink cartridges from one company online - I think they just need people to actually start posting empties in, for them to recycle. :o

Back
Top Bottom