Question about "Build Stock" meaning on parts when configuring a prebuilt.

Associate
Hello,

Currently my PC is reaching a stale point and starting to struggle with newer games, especially when I'm trying to play 1440p (Ryzen 7 3700x + RX580 8GB Nitro+) so I've just specced and ordered a prebuild on a whim as I'm tired of dealing with low frames. (Ryzen 7 7800x3d with an Rx 7800xt):D

After ordering, I didn't think of much but when checking the receipt just now, I noticed the CPU is marked as "Build Stock".

I couldn't find any decent info clarifying what Build Stock means, I'm hoping I just haven't spent over £1500 on a PC and got some B-Grade part or something... LOL:cry:

TIA! :p

I'd guess it can mean an OEM part rather than a retail part, or just that the stock is reserved for builds only. It doesn't matter from a warranty perspective since you'll still get OCUK's full warranty on everything in the build.

Build stock means they have allocated so many of that particular part to be available for builds

Quote from Overclockers pc - with a three-year parts and labour warranty, so i it's covered for the term above regardless if it's OEM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom