• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question About Processors And Motherboards. Avatar kluader November 26, 2017 at 05:08:43 Specs: Wind

Associate
Hello: Im thinking of building a new pc and I dont know what to choose:

--The first option is intel i3 8100 Coffee Lake and Gigabyte Z370 HD3

--The second option is AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and Asrock AB350 Pro4

What is your opinion?

Im very much concerned about the power consumption.

Associate
Both will be fine for web browsing, but if you’re just gaming otherwise I would actually go with the i3. Considerably cheaper too, but check the price of motherboards and ram to go with each.

Soldato
OP get the Ryzen 5 1600 if you intend to keep this for a few years,and at £159 and the cheaper B350 motherboards is better value than a Core i3 8100,even if costs slightly more.

I assume you have a graphics card already??

Soldato
Yes, nVidia GTX 1050Ti

A Core i3 8100 would suffice for that graphics card,but if you do want to keep the CPU a few years,I expect the Ryzen 5 1600 would be a better bet at the £159 price on OcUK,and AMD has said they will keep the AM4 socket for a few years,so it would help too if you need to get a replacement motherboard down the line,etc. If the Core i5 8400 was actually available at its RRP and the B360 motherboards were out that would also be a very strong contender in the price bracket too.

Back
Top Bottom