Question about Soundbar

Associate
I have an LG 43" 43UN700P-B 3840x2160 4K UHD IPS 60Hz HDR10 Widescreen Backlit Gaming Monitor https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lg-4...dr10-widescreen-backlit-gaming-mo-15k-lg.html.

I currently have my computer plugged into one HDMI port and my Fire Stick in another one.

I want to get a sound bar. My budget is about £80. I know it won't be the best but I just want a slight improvement to bass and dialogue and that.

I'm wondering what sound bar to go for as my monitor doesn't contain the usual ports a lot of them need? If I get one that has an HDMI cable, can I use that whilst using the other HDMI sources?

Easiest method, if your monitor has one, is if it has ARC/E-ARC output- then audio is routed through the TV into the soundbar

Does it have ARC/E-ARC output? If not I'm not sure how you'd do it.

Easiest method, if your monitor has one, is if it has ARC/E-ARC output- then audio is routed through the TV into the soundbar

Does it have ARC/E-ARC output? If not I'm not sure how you'd do it.

Doesn't have ARC or eARC that model.

I'd just get a creative stage v2 then get a 3.5mm cable and plug that from the monitor into the sound bar.

Ok you would need a soundbar with multiple HDMI in, and a HDMI out to your monitor.

Doubt find one with that for £80. I've seen higher end soundbars with multiple HDMI in

Are you looking at soundbars due to size being a consideration?

A lepy mini amp connected via your TV or PC's 3.5 and a couple of passive bookshelves would offer far superior sound.

Hell, even some entry level active speakers from the likes of Edifier would be much better.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £174.94 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
yeah could be wasting £80. Diamond 9.0 better option.

Limitation is firestick, it just has one HDMI out. Perhaps firestick with another media player

Ideally want a T amp with two digital inputs, say optical x2 - if both sources have optical out.

something like that?

Doesn't have ARC or eARC that model.

I'd just get a creative stage v2 then get a 3.5mm cable and plug that from the monitor into the sound bar.
I suspect this is the best solution you'll find at this budget, to suit your circumstances, if the budget is strict.

At a slightly higher budget (£140 direct from manufacturer) the Stage 360 has a couple of HDMI inputs that, as far as I can see, would let you plug PC and Firestick into the soundbar, then output video to the monitor. It looks to be able to pass 4k in various HDR formats but can't see refresh rate capability, so maybe only 60hz.

You won't get everything at this sort of budget.

Are you looking at soundbars due to size being a consideration?

A lepy mini amp connected via your TV or PC's 3.5 and a couple of passive bookshelves would offer far superior sound.

Hell, even some entry level active speakers from the likes of Edifier would be much better.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £174.94 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Also a good option if you have the desk space

Last edited:
eeeshh yeah so dropping from max framerate of the monitor, also lose gsync/freesync?

I wonder if they do this on purpose, crap sound on TV /monitor speakers, limited audio outputs, no second audio from sources, routing through gear limits features/resolution/refresh, oh noes you have to buy a AVR and 5.1 - what a shame money money money I love money lol.

Last edited:
So, a sound bar with 2 HDMI inputs would mean I just need to plug the devices into that as long as it is connected to the monitor? The monitor doesn't have an optical input.

Maybe it would be easier to just get a couple of good 2.0 speakers as posted above?

Even if you do buy a AVR and 5.1 speakers, you'd have issue running video through the AVR, as they won't support all the PC resolutions/refresh rates/gync-freesync?
4K OK at 60hz, but not 160hz etc, even if you bought a HDMI 2.2 AVR.

You'd need two feeds, Display port or HDMI from PC to monitor. Then audio, either HDMI, coaxial or optical. Which isn't great as whole point of modern tech is less cables, just one from source to AVR then onto display. Also you'll lose OSD for the AVR for the PC.

I route seperate video and audio from my PC to monitor and AVR for the same reason- AVR does not support 2560x1440p @144hz through HDMI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom