Question For Gibbo Regarding New Viewsonic TFT

Caporegime
Hi gibbo, dont suppose you could get any information for me on the Viewsonic 20” VX2022W

Some of the news sites are reporting this to be a new budget 20 " widescreen monitor running the new AUO P-MVA panel with 8ms and apparently priced sub £400

Release date is apparently some time in march, but no more details are given.

Dont suppose you could confirm whether A) ocuk will stock it and B) if any of the above is true

As im after a good 20 " widescreen, preferably P-MVA, but im not keen on the backlight bleeding problems of the belinea, the S-IPS panels of the philips 200W6CS & upcomming NEC 20WGX2, nor keen on the TN Film panel of the viewsonic VA2012.

Man of Honour
in stock now: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd20.html

£411 from OcUK

regarding the panel, it's a tough one to call. The spec looks just like the P-MVA panel as used in the Belinea 102035W. But then so did the Philips 200W6CS which is apparently using an LG.Philips IPS panel instead....with identical spec?! I'm still not sure about that tbh, 800:1 contrast ratio is too much for IPS and 176 / 176 viewing angles are not high enough (rated i mean). However, seems logical for the Philips to use an LG.Philips IPS panel. On the other hand, Viewsonic have had a long relationship with AUO, so a P-MVA seems likely for them

prad.de list it as S-IPS here: http://www.prad.de/en/guide/screen2648.html

Will try and get some clarification since it could be either?!

pfk

pfk

Associate
Baddass said:
in stock now: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/lcd20.html

£411 from OcUK

regarding the panel, it's a tough one to call. The spec looks just like the P-MVA panel as used in the Belinea 102035W. But then so did the Philips 200W6CS which is apparently using an LG.Philips IPS panel instead....with identical spec?! I'm still not sure about that tbh, 800:1 contrast ratio is too much for IPS and 176 / 176 viewing angles are not high enough (rated i mean). However, seems logical for the Philips to use an LG.Philips IPS panel. On the other hand, Viewsonic have had a long relationship with AUO, so a P-MVA seems likely for them

prad.de list it as S-IPS here: http://www.prad.de/en/guide/screen2648.html

Will try and get some clarification since it could be either?!

Prad.de have also quoted a ridiculous price for the monitor so I wouldn't put much faith in their specifications. Viewsonic UK now list this panel on their website as having a P-MVA panel.

See here: http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/UK/Products/LCDX/VX2025wm.htm

Caporegime
OP
im torn between the new viewsonic and the NEC

nec looks good, but does have the disadvantage of being S-IPS and not MVA. But then again, NEC has the overbright 1600:1 contrast ratio setting, height adjustable and USB port. and better looks for the same price

Associate
Its strange though. Viewsonic usually rate the VX range as a TN panel, not MVA and 176 degrees is quite a lot for that type of panel, normally 160 degrees, and 170 for MVA.

Caporegime
OP
thats because its not a TN film panel

as the website says, its an MVA panel

the Viewsonic VA2012 uses TN film, there would be no point releasing another TN film monitor for the VX range.

Associate
Sorry MrLOL, I was only trying to help by clarifying the specs. I realise its not a TN panel but I was thrown by the 176 degrees viewing angle and at first thought it may be a s-ips panel because of this and as most MVA or PVA panels are 170 degrees. Even Baddass is not sure which panel it may have.

Caporegime
OP
i will agree on that point

i think we have the same MVA/IPS debate with this monitor as we did with the Phillips.

£5 says that the VX2025, 20WGX2 and 200W6CS all use the same S-IPS panel,

Man of Honour
well that spec at VS at least sheds some light on it. Like i said before, the spec is certainly indicative of P-MVA, the same as used in the Belinea 102035W. The issues is that the Philips 200W6CS is listed with the same spec, but they reckon it's an S-IPS panel, which would most likely be slight different spec, maybe more like the NEC 20WGX2's spec. Anyway, don't worry about the Philips for now....

Looks like the Viewsonic is listed officially as an MVA panel. TFT Central lists the VX2022 which is another forthcoming model, looks like the same kind of spec but with a 3ms G2G response time! However, this isn;t confirmed yet, and there's been some mixed reports about it's spec. I think given the 3ms response time, and mentions of 700:1 contrast ratio, and 170 / 170 viewing angles on the net, it is likely to turn out to be a fast TN Film offering.

MrLOL, you mention you don't want to go with the NEC though, what are your reservations about IPS panels?

Caporegime
OP
if the 2022 is going to be TN film, i might be better off with one of the 3 listed above

the philips is reported as having backlight bleeding problems plus its ugly to boot so ill rule that out

so that leaves the new viewsonic and NEC. I had ruled the NEC out, untill i saw the reviews that got posted in the thread. Im now seriously considering either, I was even on the order page for the NEC last night but changed my mind at the last minute thinking waiting for those that pre-ordered it to say what they thought might be a good idea.

gibbo says he'd have the NEC over the viewsonic, and it has a lot more plus points. But the viewsonic might be better as it may have a P-MVA panel. Then again it may not. Decisions ...

Soldato
Never thought about that before, but of course there are no 3 ms G2G MVA panels, of any size, so the VX2022 is very likely to be TN, and the VX2025 is likely to be Viewsonics direct competitor for the Belinea 102035W. Looks sweet I must say, will be interesting to see if it suffers the same backlight problems as the Belinea.

Man of Honour
MrLOL said:
But the viewsonic might be better as it may have a P-MVA panel. Then again it may not. Decisions ...

but what reason do you think a P-MVA panel would be better than the AS-IPS of the NEC though? Previously I could understand the arguement based on responsiveness, maybe colour reproduction etc, but after reading info about the new gen of IPS panels like that in the NEC, this doesn't sound like an issue. There isn't really a reason why P-MVA is any better now these new IPS panels are out (according to early reports), dont let the panel tech put you off....

Associate
I'm also torn now between the NEC and the new Viewsonic. I was set on the Viewsonic as i already have a VX715 so it'd look good with the 20" version beside it! :D Bit of a lame reason, i know!.

But the NEC has had some good reviews since it came out, and i do like the look of that a lot too. Might hold on for another month until there are some more opinions of the two of them floating about....

Caporegime
OP
Baddass said:
but what reason do you think a P-MVA panel would be better than the AS-IPS of the NEC though? Previously I could understand the arguement based on responsiveness, maybe colour reproduction etc, but after reading info about the new gen of IPS panels like that in the NEC, this doesn't sound like an issue. There isn't really a reason why P-MVA is any better now these new IPS panels are out (according to early reports), dont let the panel tech put you off....

well if your confident enough in these IPS panels, then i guess thats good enough for me

i nearly ordered the NEC last night, i think i might have to finally order it 2night.

Man of Honour
Well I would still personally like to see more pro reviews and maybe a few more people with them. I was only trying to say that you shouldn't rule out IPS because of it's technology. If this was a couple of months ago then I would say a modern P-MVA screen would be much more suited, more responsive, better colour reproduction, better black depth. However, the new wave of AS-IPS panels look good, might be worth waiting for a little more info, but i have a lot of time for BeHardware and Vincent, and he seemed to like the panel there. Dont rule out either, they are probably quite comparable, but the NEC looks very impressive from early reports

Caporegime
OP
others had similar things to say about that behardware review too

plus the fact that some1 on here imported one of those NECs and has posted his own thoughts and he loved it.

But i came over all sensible last night and wanted to see what all the people who pre-ordered thought before buying. ill think it over some more before deciding what to do tonight, but either way you guys and you Badass especially have been a great help

Man of Honour
no worries MrLOL, would be wise to wait for the popularity of the NEC to increase so we can get some further testing. Looking forward to seeing more info on it too :)

Back
Top Bottom