Question regarding email and hosting/domains

Associate
Bear with me on this, as this is not an area of expertise on this unfortunately.

I bought a domain name for a website a while back from lcn, all good no problems.

I purchased hosting from Web Hosting Payments, started to build a site all good, no issues.

I set up a couple email addresses on the Web hosting payments email page using the domain name. Set up email on my phone and mac mail, again no issue, been working flawlessly for ages.

I've just signed up for the WordPress business package, and had to remapname servers on lcn, all good, 24 hours on its seems fine.

However, my email has stopped working, I know why but I don't know what do to put it right, I can't find mx records within the webhostingpayments cpanel. The guys in WordPress support changed settings based on lcn, but my email is not with them,so of course it did not work.

Not sure how to put it right! Now that my site is being hosted by WordPress, do I even need webhostingpayments any more? Would it be possible to transfer the email address to lcn?

I'm aware this may raise more questions than answers, Im fine at WordPress in general but I simply don't do the domain thing regularly enough to fully grasp it. I may have looked at the control panel twice in 18 months.

Thx in advance!

Associate
OP
All sorted, shifted email address from the original host to lcn, they've given me the relevant details and the WordPress guys have updated their records with the correct info.

Back
Top Bottom