Question regarding RMA on multiple items

Soldato
I bought a motherboard, graphics card and PSU and had some serious booting issues but since I wasn't sure what component was causing the problem I RMA'd all three items asking the guy on the phone for replacements. The package I sent has already been recieved.

Do you think its better to ask for a refund on all items or should I just wait it out for a replacement? (approx 7-10 days as I was told via email)

Will I get charged for any non faulty components? The guy I spoke to on the phone didn't mention anything about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Any non-faulty items you will probably have to pay shipping costs for back to yourself.

You will probably be only be able to ask for a full refund if the items were unused, if they have been opened then you can still ask for a refund but you may be charged a restocking fee.

All depends on where you bought them from and their RMA proceedures.

Soldato
This is a bit of an e-mail I got when I RMAd a PSU. (April 2005)

In response to your RMA request, we have reserved returns code RMXXXXXX for you to return your item(s).

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A £10 + SHIPPING + VAT CHARGE FOR ANY ITEMS TESTED 'NO FAULT FOUND'.

A summary of our terms and conditions can be found below.

1. Compatibility - Applications, drivers and games are often released to market with bugs that can affect hardware performance. Therefore Overclockers UK cannot guarantee that every hardware product is 100% compatible with every software product available.
2. Returning Faulty Goods - Please be sure returned goods are faulty and the problem experienced is not caused by another component in your system or by software configuration. If after having received Technical Support information you are completely satisfied you have faulty goods you must request an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorisation) by calling 0871 222 8528 or using our WebNote system at http://contact.overclockers.co.uk .
3. Only Return Faulty Item(s) - RMA numbers are issued for specific components only. Do not return your whole order because you believe one component may be faulty.
4. Completeness of Returned Item(s) - All returned goods must be complete including all internal packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small. Any items received incomplete will not be processed and will be held for collection by the customer. Alternatively the items will be returned to the customer subject to the payment of a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge.
5. Modified Goods. Any goods that have been modified or physically altered in any way shall be deemed Warranty Void and no support will be provided.
6. Packaging - Returned items must be packaged properly and shipped in a plain outer box. It is your responsibility to ensure returned goods are fully insured. Overclockers UK cannot take responsibility for goods that are damaged or lost whilst being returned, even if faulty.
7. Testing - All returned items are tested by Overclockers UK technicians. It is essential that goods are tested as approximately 50% of all received returns are tested not faulty. It is therefore important that you include a detailed description of the problems experienced. Any item found to be not faulty will be subject to a £10 +VAT charge if collected or a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge if shipped back to the customer. You will be notified by e-mail before any non-faulty goods are returned to you.

Our full terms and conditions can be found at http://www.overclockers.co.uk/support.htm

**THE RMA NUMBER SHOULD BE CLEARLY VISIBLE ON TWO SIDES OF THE OUTER PACKAGING**, failure to do so may result in your RMA being rejected.

Below is a shipping label which you may wish to use on your parcel.

BUT: you may need to look here as yours is less than 28 days old.

Soldato
OP
HeX said:
Any non-faulty items you will probably have to pay shipping costs for back to yourself.

You will probably be only be able to ask for a full refund if the items were unused, if they have been opened then you can still ask for a refund but you may be charged a restocking fee.

All depends on where you bought them from and their RMA proceedures.

Well the items were bought from OCUK and its been less then 7 days. If I stick with the replacements, do you think the components will be tested to ensure they work?

Back
Top Bottom