Questions for you computer repair guys

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got some questions for you guys that fix computers for a living if you don't mind answering:

Where do you advertise and how much does it cost you? What sort of response do you get?

How much do you charge?

Whereabouts are you in the country?

How much repeat business do you get?

What sort of people are your customers?

Many thanks.

Soldato
If people are seriously fixing computers for their livelihood, then I doubt many will want to divuldge that much information about their company. I may be wrong, but I know I would be reluctant to divulge information such as the type of customers and my response from advertisments.

Soldato
Jonny69 said:
Got some questions for you guys that fix computers for a living if you don't mind answering:

Where do you advertise and how much does it cost you? What sort of response do you get?

Local Papers and member of Business networking group

How much do you charge?

Varies different rate for home and business plus call out charge

Whereabouts are you in the country?

See on the left

How much repeat business do you get?

A lot of personal recommendation both home and business

What sort of people are your customers?

Home and Business

Many thanks.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I've been in that area of business for the last few years, but I live in a part of the country where 23,000 people populate an area the size of London so our markets couldn't be more polarised, physically and economically.

General advice: Don't be afraid about charging a fair price - for you. There's always a temptation to shave off a few quid in the hope of repeat business, it's not worth it. If you did a good job customers will come back, even if they have to pay a bit more.

Issue everyone with an invoice, even if they don't need it, and keep a basic spreadsheet of your income. Your outgoings will be fairly small but keep receipts/invoices for things like advertising, fuel/transport, training courses/material you buy, and of course and parts you supply. Roughly speaking anything you pay for to help your business make a profit is tax detuctable.

Back
Top Bottom