Quick jQuery based assistance

Associate
Hey all,

I'm in the process of learning jQuery, so to anyone who can help/see that this is probably a really obvious request I apologise in advance, as up until recently I've only ever re-purposed jQuery plugins like Fancybox.

I've nabbed the code from the jQuery Ui site and you can see what I have so far HERE.

What I need to be able to do is take the value the slider creates and do simple multiplication to it, so multiply the figure by 30 for the savings in a month, but at the minute I can't get my head around the syntax, so if someone could assist that would be great.

Again, I realise this is probably simple and I do have a bunch of training to do, but if you could get me over this hurdle that would be ace.

Thanks! Dave.

Associate
OP
You are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll give this a go tomorrow and see how I get on. The main part that was giving me hassle is where I can actually add the *30, thinking that it was more technical than just being able to do ui.value*30.

Any decent resources you can recommend for getting into this? I've got access to lynda.com and codeschool, but anything else you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
This seems to be working out fine, thanks for the assist. Is there a way to have the value set to a P tag or another div rather than an input box? Seems like this would be a better option rather than trying to style an input box and it's contents.

Back
Top Bottom