Quick question about PSU's

Associate
Hi guys, just got my new pc bits and was having a good look over them, noticed that my psu which is a

Tagan TG530-U15 530W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU (CA-008-TG)

has the option to have either combined or split 12 v rails,im new at all this so what is better ?

Cheers

Soldato
It doesn't really matter that much, split rails means that one rail is supplying the mobo and the other is for other components like drives, videocard etc...

If you have a SLI rig with two high end videocards I think you can better have a PSU with a single rail, if you have one with dual rails the rail supplying the videocards might become overloaded but this is in an extreme situation, the 530W Tagan will have two rails that are powerful enough anyway.

Associate
Technically, dual rail is supposed to be better. With my Tagan it refuses to run combined mode as I don't draw enough power. It only uses the combined mode if you overload one rail (like with two very powerful graphics cards in SLI). I would leave it on split mode (it will pretty much do what it wants anyway!).

Martin

Back
Top Bottom