Quick question - had a slight bump

Soldato
Wife sets off to a friends this am and reverses out the drive into a car parked half on half off the curb on the other side. Our road is a little tight but even so she didn't see it (How you can miss an old green Passat I've no idea)

Anyway, on the Passat theres a fist size dent on the rear corner under the rear light. There was no one in the street and I don't think anyone saw but we thought it best to knock and fess up. Although the car belongs to a visitor we have a very very poor relationship with the person that lives there - history but parking related.

The chap came out and we apologised and I offered to fetch the insurance details which I did. Whilst in the house, the chap said to my wife if we give him £40 for him to do it himself he'll leave it at that. It probably won't cost him £40 and he may feel its not worth the effort but its worth £40 for quick end to the issue.

If I give him the £40 is there anyway he can still claim or cause us a problem? I didn't give him our insurance details. It might well be a silly question to ask but considering we really don't get on with the neighbour I just want to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom