Quick spec please..

Permabanned
Hi, My spec is in the sig however I want now a PCI-E card and PCI-E mobo (Socket 939)

Should I buy now or wait till the new chips come out?

;) -Got £170

Or should I wait till new chips come out then get a top of the line pci-e bundle.

Wait untill you've got more money. It would be hard for you to get a significantly better system than that of your current one for £170.

Socket AM2 only gives about a 5% performance increase, and DDR2 isn't that great at the moment either.

Possibly save up £230 and get a high end AGP card (as I assume that is what your current mobo takes).

Why do you want a new motherboard, the asrock dual has a agp and pci-e slot?

I would just get a card, Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB is £170.

If you want a new board for overclocking, then get a DFI ultra D, this would mean you would only have £70 on a gfx card. So you wouldn't see much of a improvement from what you already have.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks people.

Will wait, its just I brought Oblivion and .....You can proberley guess...can't play it properly.

Hehe....I may just get a PCI-E card for now, whilst I wait... :)

sjohal2006 said:
Hi, My spec is in the sig however I want now a PCI-E card and PCI-E mobo (Socket 939)

Should I buy now or wait till the new chips come out?

;) -Got £170

Or should I wait till new chips come out then get a top of the line pci-e bundle.
If you sell your old stuff as well you could probably drum up another £100ish. SO:

MB-046-MS MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-046-MS)
£64.95 £64.95
GX-121-SP Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-121-SP)
£144.95 £144.95
Subtotal £209.90
Shipping (City Link Parcel Next Day (Delivered Mon-Fri)) £8.25
VAT £38.18
Total £256.33

I you get a little more you could upgrade the gfx card to the 512mb version as well.

Back
Top Bottom