Quiet 939 motherboard

Associate
Problem, Motherboard chipset fan too bloomin noisy.

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra.

Another problem with this board can’t put anything over the chipset because the Graphics card is in the way. I did find something a while back that can replace the chipset fan. It was something like a heat pipe but can’t remember what now.

Now if I can’t silence this fan I may look for a new quieter socket 939 motherboard but! I need it to be silent. Can anyone suggest a silent socket 939 motherboard for me one with the same specification as my Gigabyte (it has to have at least 8 SATA).

I’ve been looking at these 2 but I don’t know if the chipset fan is quieter than the Gigabyte board.

Asus A8N-SLI/Deluxe nForce 4
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Thanks for any advice.

Associate
OP
sr4470 said:
Ultra-D only has 4 SATA ports. The Asus only has 6.

The Asus as 8 SATA ports 4 SATA 150 & 4 SATA 300.

asusbz3.jpg

Looks like the DFI is out of the equation then.

Soldato
Lord Alibaski said:
The Asus as 8 SATA ports 4 SATA 150 & 4 SATA 300.

asusbz3.jpg

Looks like the DFI is out of the equation then.

Ah, sorry didnt read the model fully.

Still, it wont be silent with that chipset fan...

Associate
How about the Abit AN8 32X ? Has 6 sata ports and all the fans are controllable from both bios or from windows and a lot quieter than my old asus a8n sli premium.

Also my asus board died after 6 months for no obvious reason, and looking on the forums seems to be a regular occurence with this board :mad:

Suspended
Question about boards with 8 ports, can all 8 be used in non raid mode, or are four of them raid only? Those boards would make a great server machine, 8 SATA plus 7 PATA + 1 optical drive!

Soldato
g0hix said:
How about the Abit AN8 32X ? Has 6 sata ports and all the fans are controllable from both bios or from windows and a lot quieter than my old asus a8n sli premium.

Also my asus board died after 6 months for no obvious reason, and looking on the forums seems to be a regular occurence with this board :mad:

Well the Asus A8N-SLI Premium or AN8 32X would do the job, I have the Asus mobo & you can switch all the fans off within the bios, I have never had any problems with mine - best board I've used so far.

Soldato
Lord Alibaski said:
Can anyone suggest a silent socket 939 motherboard for me one with the same specification as my Gigabyte (it has to have at least 8 SATA).
afaik the GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra only has 4 SATA? :confused:
Unless you have a GA-K8N Ultra-9?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
BUFF said:
afaik the GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra only has 4 SATA? :confused:
Unless you have a GA-K8N Ultra-9?

Buff i think you need some glasses m8....If you read the actual model i have put which is the same one you have put but i have the model numbers the right way and you don't...lol

As you can see here

Lord Alibaski said:
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra.

This is my motherboard.
gak8nxp9ltk7.jpg

I have searched the net for a Heatpipe cooler and to be honest it would be better for me to buy a new board than too spend £35-£40 on a cooler. So i have decided to purchase the Asus A8N-SLI Premium.

So thanks guys for all the help.... ;)

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
BUFF said:
well I lifted mine from the Gigabyte website ...
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_List.aspx?VenderType=AMD&CPUType=socket+939

Actually the GA-K8NF-9 that you have put is an nForce4X-X board not an Ultra ;)

Buff the board i have is the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra Which is the board i have shown in the Image....Though the actual Northbridge fan is nothing like that on my board (Search all post by me and you will see) Which it says on the box.... :D

Soldato
Lord Alibaski said:
Buff the board i have is the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra
which if you look at the Gigabyte webpage that I linked doesn't appear to exist ... :p
According to Gigabyte there's:
GA-K8NF-9 which isn't an Ultra chipset but an nF4X-X
GA-K8N Ultra-9
GA-K8NF9 Ultra

Back
Top Bottom