Quiet PSU

Soldato
No, the weird noise I was getting only seems to occur in the GS range. As for the coil whine problems with the higher grade PSUs, yes there were quite a few posts about it but it might well be the same with other makes too. It's funny that there is never any mention of these noise problems in reviews, anyone might think the samples were cherry picked ;)
Easiest thing to do is just do a search for "fan noise" on the Corsair forums...
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/search.php?searchid=6640541

Soldato
Coolermaster silent pro, completely inaudible to the human ear as long as your head isn't in the case (which it shouldn't be). The only downside is with the PSU making 0 noise you will then hear noise it was masking.

Associate
OP
The only downside is with the PSU making 0 noise you will then hear noise it was masking.

true that, the reverse is what i experienced, my 9800GTX+ and loud stock cpu cooler were masking this tx750, when i replaced those a month or two back i noticed how damn loud the thing is :(

Soldato
TX 750 = CWT
TX 750 v2 = Seasonic
New TX 750/850 = Chicony Power Technology

Can't say I have ever heard of Chicony Power Technology but I wouldn't have thought moving away from Seasonic is a great move.

Associate
TX 750 = CWT
TX 750 v2 = Seasonic
New TX 750/850 = Chicony Power Technology

Can't say I have ever heard of Chicony Power Technology but I wouldn't have thought moving away from Seasonic is a great move.

Yes but you are still paying for Corsair's RMA and a long warranty which is supposed to be very good. I've had 2 XFX seasonic based units fail so no-one is perfect.

Mei

Mei

Soldato
not seen any seasonic rebranders do a great job tho, either poor rma or poor choices, even the new top end bequiet is loud, how did they manage that ><

Back
Top Bottom