Quiet, roomy PC case - any suggestions?

Associate
It's been 5 years since my last build and looking to do another one at some point this year...so putting together my wishlist of bits :)

Most of the bits are easy - sure, some MBs are better than others but I'll probably go either Asus or Gigabyte, i7700k, 16 or 32gb DDR4, M.2 and so on. For me the hardest part is selecting a case - which is silly as the PC sits under my desk! Currently have the Silverstone Fortress FT02 whch I love even though it's a bit on the big side. Surpisingly, that case is still available as are quite a few of the cases I considerd 5 years ago - where are all the new ones? Anyway, this is what I'm looking for...

• Full/Midi tower
  • No window (it's on the floor under my desk & I'd rather have a solid side with sound dampening than a window that will never be seen)
  • Lots of space behind the MB tray for my sausage fingers to try and route cables
  • Removable MB tray (nice but not essential)
  • Rotated MB design (nice but not essential)
  • At least 2 front panel 5.25" slots (I *might* be able to get by without these)
  • Pretty quiet - not going for silent but don't want it to sound like the vacuum cleaner is turned on either
  • Space for a Noctua NH-15 (unless there are recommendations for something better - sticking with air this time though)
  • A few internal bays - don't need 12 but a mix of 6 or thereabouts 2.5" and 3.5" would be good
  • Plenty of fan mountings, ideally with a built-in PWM fan controller
  • Easily removable, washable dust covers

I'm making the assumption that a GTX1080 will fit into most full/midi towers but if not, that's another consideration

Price is not that important within reason - I'm hoping the build will see me through another 5 years so the difference between a £100 case and a £200 case is not that critical - but a £300 case might be pushing it too far.

As I'm typing this out I'm realising that another FT02 may be best option for me - but it wasn't a new case when I bought the last one in 2012!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yep @Brizzles that's one of the ones I'm looking at :)

Also considering NZXT H630
Antec P280 (the Overclockers one with added sound dampening)
Bitfenix Shinobi XL
Fractal Define R5

All good cases - seems silly how I spend more time wondering about which case to get than any other part of the build!

Back
Top Bottom