Quietest PSU Please!

Associate
Hello, I recently bought a Hiper modular 580 PSU from OC but am dissapointed in the noise it makes as I was wanting to build a machine that can be left running overnight in my bedroom. It isn't extremely loud, but loud enough to be annoying :(
Can anybody advise me of a good quality PSU that is VERY quiet? Any advice would be of great help, thanks :)

Associate
OP
thanks, but i had also 'heard' that the Hipers were pretty quiet also..... then i got one :(
I must admit though, I was originally going to go for a seasonic (wish I had now!)
Does anybody have an extremely quiet PSU in the 500/600w range? if so please let me know what type it is :)

Associate
hmm well i have a targen and its very quite... however the best thing i find is not spending £300 quid on silencing conponents its to simple get a big wooden box and noise reducing foam and put it over the top all for about £60

really you will never get true slience... so by your PSU and then by a box that will to a far better job than any conponent for a quater of the price.

Pw

Soldato
Ive fitted both Hiper 580w in a friends PC and a 500w Seasonic in my Rig a couple of weeks ago.

I would say the Seasonic is quieter of the two.
Mainly down to the Hiper having two fans, One underneth (120mm) and the other at the rear (80mm).

Associate
Tagan, Enermax and Seasonic are all meant to be really quiet. Have a look at www.silentpcreview.com, they're a good site if you want to find the quietest stuff for your computer. If I remember correctly they say the Seasonic S12 is the quietest PSU before you start getting into fanless ones.

Associate
I can recommend the Seasonic S12 500w. I have a total of 4 fans in my PC; Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman GFX cooler running in silent mode, amber 120mm blowing air out back (turned down to 80% by Speedfan) and the 120mm fan inside the Seasonic PSU. The PSU fan running at ~760rpm generates the least amount of noise.

Back
Top Bottom