Quite PSU to go with my Water cooled PC

Associate
Hey all,
I’m hoping you can help me decide which PSU to get; I’m looking for the quietest PSU on the market. I’m going to be using it in a silent PC cooled by water, I’ve been looking at the Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R

Seasonic S12 500W Silent ATX2.0

Tagan TG530-U15 530W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent

Thermaltake PurePower Power Station 520W Modular ATX2.0 PSU

I like the idea of modular but it has to be the quitest.

Thanks in advance
Poggy

Man of Honour
I hav a Hiper and although it's great and silent most of the time it can't be denied that it does make the slightest bit of noise at very high load. The Seasonic is the best PSU there, although I'm not sure about silence wise.

Associate
The seasonic has a 120mm temperature controlled fan. Not sure exactly how loud it is, but I can't hear mine :) Much quieter than my previous Enermax.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, I've got an Antec 480 it's not too bad but a little noisy but about the loudest thing on my system is the RAD fan which i'm changing. I just thought i'd do the PSU at the same time. I'll keep looking.

Cheers
Poggy

Last edited:
Caporegime
The antec neopower range are pretty much silent. A lot more so than the hiper or the tagan (although i have a 22 not 15).

Soldato
pieman109 said:
Do the seasonic psu's have cable management to cut down on cluttering up the case with cables and improving airflow?
No, they are not modular, but my current Enermax is also not modular but there is hardly any cable in view in my case, all you need to do is take some time and tuck away the cables.

Associate
The Seasonic ones are not modular, but they do come with some cable management - clips, wire ties, and plastic tubing for your wiring, so the case is as tidy as you want it :)

Plus, if you use a P180 or similar case, the PSU is at the bottom, so you only bring the cables you want into the main part of the case anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom