R/C Planes

HaX

HaX

Associate
Hi there,

Having owned and maintained several different Nitro Powered R/C cars over the years, I've decided that I'd like to move into radio controlled air craft.

I've got up to £200 to spend at the moment, and am quite surprised to see that £150+ will actually get me a reasonable plane.

I'm not too fussed whether the plane is nitro or electric, as I've heard that LiPo batterys actually deliver quite a decent run time.

I've seen a model of a Red Arrows plane which has an internal ducted fan rather than a propellor - details can be found here. Does this look any good and will I need to get trained on how to fly it?

One of my friends purchased an R/C plane from Debenhams for about £40 and can fly it fine, I assume that flying the model I am looking at will require a bit more skill to fly and land?

Cheers

HaX

HaX

HaX

Associate
OP
I was wondering whether the red arrow would be too advanced for me. I assume it would be very difficult to learn to fly the red arrow.

Would this be more appropriate, or should I go a bit more expensive and go for Nitro and get what I assume will be longer run times?

Back
Top Bottom