R:FOM or Oblivion [PS3]

Edz

Edz

Soldato
I traded Rfom in for Oblivion and so far have played Oblivion for a total of 141 hours and can't put it down. Rfom is good but IMO Oblivion offers so much play for your money it just can't be beat :)

If you've never played Oblivion go for that. Pick Rfom up later perhaps second hand as it's still a good game.

Soldato
if you got a spare few months try Oblivion! Its a great game if you've not played it on another system before and like RPG style games. RFOM is still one of my favorite PS3 games and prob up there with the best fPS games ive played on any system. Some dont like it at first but trust me pass the half way mark its excellent. The online multi player is great the new patch has made it even better in my opinion and the maps are good.
Hard choice If you have plenty of time on your hands Oblivion is great, think im up to over 150+ hours and still not done it all yet it looks good and runs smoother than it did on my good spec PC. If you can get on with using the PS3 gamepad for FPS games then I would choose RFOM especially for the multi player side, like I said give the SP game a start it gets so much better as the game gets going.

Soldato
OP
Edz said:
I traded Rfom in for Oblivion and so far have played Oblivion for a total of 141 hours and can't put it down. Rfom is good but IMO Oblivion offers so much play for your money it just can't be beat :)

If you've never played Oblivion go for that. Pick Rfom up later perhaps second hand as it's still a good game.

Sounds like a plan, might just rent R:FoM at some point.

Edit: And then I read msmalls74's post, now can't make my mind up again lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oblivion is of course worth much more in value as there is so much play time. But still depends what you're into; I mean if you don't like RPGs then there really is no point.

Soldato
Hmmm, lets see a game of the year RPG optimised for the ps3 with tons of content or some boring generic shooter that offers nothing new?

Definately Oblivion, as has been said, so much more for your money, so many different ways to play the game as well, warrior, archer, magic etc etc.

Soldato
Inoshishi said:
Sounds like a plan, might just rent R:FoM at some point.

Edit: And then I read msmalls74's post, now can't make my mind up again lol.

Sorry mate :D

Anyway like I said if you have plenty of time to play games, like RPG's and got a few spare months then get Oblivion. Its one of those games that you need to spend time playing it, its not a game that i could play for say 30 mins here and there. I spent 2-4 hrs a time on it at least you get so involved in the game world and like so many have said its a great game. I got oblivion when games where very lacking (still are but more so a few months back) and i had time to play only that game, but now more games are coming out i doubt if I would have time to play it.
If you only play games casually ie 30 -1 hr a day and dont like RPG much I would definitely recommend RFOM its generic in the way you shoot things drive things walk about ie a standard FPS game! The story is interesting and the weapons are good and have inventive uses. Like I said the MP is where its really at 40 players online no lag total frag fest! Reminds me of unreal tournament on steroids.
Sorry again if i confused you even more now !

Soldato
OP
msmalls74 said:
Sorry mate :D

Anyway like I said if you have plenty of time to play games, like RPG's and got a few spare months then get Oblivion. Its one of those games that you need to spend time playing it, its not a game that i could play for say 30 mins here and there. I spent 2-4 hrs a time on it at least you get so involved in the game world and like so many have said its a great game. I got oblivion when games where very lacking (still are but more so a few months back) and i had time to play only that game, but now more games are coming out i doubt if I would have time to play it.
If you only play games casually ie 30 -1 hr a day and dont like RPG much I would definitely recommend RFOM its generic in the way you shoot things drive things walk about ie a standard FPS game! The story is interesting and the weapons are good and have inventive uses. Like I said the MP is where its really at 40 players online no lag total frag fest! Reminds me of unreal tournament on steroids.
Sorry again if i confused you even more now !

lol don't say sorry mate, completely understand what your saying, I'm really in need of something lasting, I've just finished The Darkness, and will finish Ninja Gaiden soon, theres not much due out until Aug\Sep so I reckon I will buy Oblivion and then rent Resistance, I did make a character on Oblivion on my mates 360, got him out of the sewers and did quite a few quests, I assume it gets better and better the further you get into it?

Anyway thanks for the help guys :)

Soldato
Inoshishi said:
lol don't say sorry mate, completely understand what your saying, I'm really in need of something lasting, I've just finished The Darkness, and will finish Ninja Gaiden soon, theres not much due out until Aug\Sep so I reckon I will buy Oblivion and then rent Resistance, I did make a character on Oblivion on my mates 360, got him out of the sewers and did quite a few quests, I assume it gets better and better the further you get into it?

Anyway thanks for the help guys :)

You wont regret getting oblivion its great and it will suck your life away!!
Renting resistance is prob best idea for you, but gotta play it online this is one game i wont get rid off (until RFOM 2 comes out).

Soldato
OP
msmalls74 said:
You wont regret getting oblivion its great and it will suck your life away!!
Renting resistance is prob best idea for you, but gotta play it online this is one game i wont get rid off (until RFOM 2 comes out).

Being honest i'll probably end up getting both between now and Sep. Depends what else comes out.

Soldato
RFOM is the best multiplayer game i've played on next gen consoles so far. Soon to be knocked off top by Halo 3 no doubt :p

But then again, Single player wise, Oblivion is defiantely my favourite next gen console game, PS3 version being more fluid and thoroughly enjoyable.

Anyways, Buy Oblivion and miss out on some fantastic multiplayer gaming.

Buy RFOM and miss out on a fantastic single player adventure.

Nasty post from me of course :D

But as you've already said, Make sure you get both at some point. This thread should be more about which you get first lol.

And i suggest getting Oblivion first, as it will definately last you between now and buying RFOM.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

If you really want an action-packed game then go for R:FOM.

If, on the other hand you want a game that you could pickup and play for months on end then get Oblivion.

Personally, I don't like the RPG genre, but if you're willing to put the time in then i'm sure you will love it. I'd recommend R:FOM multiplayer if you like online games though :)

Permabanned
wannabedamned said:
RFOM is the best multiplayer game i've played on next gen consoles so far. Soon to be knocked off top by Halo 3 no doubt :p
I thought it was really mediocre tbh and why does everybody have one hit kills on, it always seems to be the 40 man servers. :(

I did like the stat system on it though.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Oblivion & the PS3 go hand in hand atm due to the lack of games!!

I've currently got Sigma sitting here, Darkness to follow shortly and tbh I just can't pull myself away from Oblivion.

I ordered Lair last night also and I'm not sure I'll be finished with Oblivion by the time that arrives (14th August). It's great for me as it fills in the gaps before the games arrive and I feel it's been £40 well spent (even tho I traded in Rfom for it). There's not many games around that I can honestly say are worth my hard earned cash, but this is definately one of them :D

P.S. I'm not a great fan of these sorts of games, but this has changed my opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom