R.I.P Dog

Soldato
That sucks man, well done for doing the right thing though. I've had fair few dogs grow old with me, and I've always found the best cure for losing one is to give another scraggy ball of fluff a good home. You can never replace a loved pet, but it does help to fill that void.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the messages guys. I know deep down I did the right thing, but I just can't help thinking what if? Did I make a mistake? Could she have gotten better?

I will miss when she used to run around like a nutter jumping all over the place when I got home from work though:(

Soldato
Sorry for your loss :( Actually made me feel very sad I have a Parsons Jack Russell and your dog looks like a shorter and slimmer version of mine.

Did you do the right thing, well I'd say at least she isn't suffering, you don't know the pain she was going through and if you kept her alive for several more days the pain could have been too much, at least she doesn't have to suffer any more.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Sponge;23196470 said:
Thanks for all the messages guys. I know deep down I did the right thing, but I just can't help thinking what if? Did I make a mistake? Could she have gotten better?

I will miss when she used to run around like a nutter jumping all over the place when I got home from work though:(

That's natural to feel that way, but you did do the right thing. 11yrs is a good run, and things could only have gotten worse from there. At least she wasn't stuck in a long drawn-out illness. You saved her from that. Jack Russell's are tough little buggers, but when the vet says it's time, you have to make that choice.

Soldato
I feel for you. I recently PTS my border collie Max of 14 years as his back end went, it killed me inside losing him, so sad. I read the below poem whenever I feel any guilt and or sadness about having to put my best friend to sleep.

Same thing happened to my border collie. Seems to be fairly common for them :(

My condolences to the OP, you did the right thing. It was the saddest day of my life when I had my dog put down. Just remember the good times

Soldato
I dread opening threads like this almost to the point where I often dont because for what ever reason pet deaths (no matter whose they are) really upset me.

R.I.P Dog and sponge take comfort in the fact you gave him the best 11 years he could have ever wanted.

Soldato
One of the hardest things i've ever had to do in putting my old dog to sleep, dreading the day when it will happen with my current dog.

Sorry for your loss.

20gcos2.png

Back
Top Bottom