R.I.P Dog

Soldato
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, RIP.

Maybe in a few weeks, months etc get another, it won't replace the loss of dog, but it may bring you another 11 to 20 years of happiness.

Mine died at the age of 18, also had to be put down, got a cat now. Will probally get another dog at some point.

Soldato
Had my best friend put down on the 1st Nov, still bothering me know. Even though you know it's for the best you still think what if.

It's at night I really miss him, wife used to go to bed and the other dog followed her upstairs and would curl up outside the bedroom door but Diesel always came and got on the sofa with me for a cuddle. 10 years we had him and it was a good 10 years. It gets easier but it's silly things that get to you.

My wife came in to the lounge 3 nights ago in tears. She'd dropped some ice cream on the floor and called Diesels name as he was always the one that came to lick it up, the other dog doesn't like it.

They are family, they were loved and they most definitely will be missed :(

Soldato
OP
Again thanks for all the messages guys, means a lot. I have just been clearing out all her stuff which was incredibly hard:(

Just found this video of me and her playfighting:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have a couple of Jacks and know how it is for them to be your best pal. Sorry for your loss :)

One of mine has a degenerative brain disorder and I know I'll have to do this one day, I hope far away (he has a nice life at the mo).

Soldato
Did the same with our jack Russell last year. For me it was the helplessness of our dog that upset me and the thought that they had no idea we were putting him to sleep as he was on the vets table.

Truly and deeply the worst day I have had since loosing my granddad.

R.I.P doggie.

Soldato
"but I chose not to, to stop her being in anymore pain"

I really don't understand why people have this mentality.

Suffering is part of life, I don't understand why people resort to euthanasia so quickly when "suffering" is involved.

And no, I'm not being insensitive, I've lost pets and it's rough, but I wouldn't or couldn't not take the chance of treatment and them pulling through at the risk of "suffering" or "pain".

Is there any need for that post?

Loosing a pet is bad enough without this sort of 'help' :rolleyes:

Soldato
Oh wow you're being weird now. You should know full well the context that was intended in. I'm not going to not say something that I feel is valid just because it might upset people, get a grip.

Associate
Oh wow you're being weird now. You should know full well the context that was intended in. I'm not going to not say something that I feel is valid just because it might upset people, get a grip.

Well perhaps you should. There is a time and a place for everything. Fine, you have an opinion, and that's your right. However, in some situations it's better to keep those opinions to yourself, as airing them is not going to produce anything positive.

If you really feel the need to air them, start a new topic on the subject, and it can be discussed.

Sorry to the OP'er, a nasty decision to have to take.

Man of Honour

You lack empathy. Not unusual in GD, but ultimately something you may benefit from realising.

Back
Top Bottom