R.I.P Greenlizard0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It is with great sadness that i have to inform OcUK that Greenlizard0 has passed away. Although i was not very close to him, we studied at university for a short time before going our separate ways. I have just found out the news via facebook. I am truly shocked - he was a very popular guy at uni and had so many friends - i know the Raz in liverpool will no longer be the same without your presence!

You will be sorely missed mate, the football stadium will no longer be the same without you.

I hope you are at peace, and i sincerely hope Arsenal win something this year in your memory! i know you will be looking out for them from way up there!

RIP mate. My thoughts and prayers to your family.

Update (23/6/11):

It seems he died at home, in his sleep on the morning of the 13th. Cause of death is unknown, with further tests impending or awaited.

In respect of his friends and family, it would be appreciated if what happened is not discussed any further at this time. I know it sometimes helps brings closure to it all, but it is all irrelevant really, as it will not bring him back. If I find out anything, ill pass the information on at their discretion, but they need time and space to come to terms with everything.

The funeral will be this weekend.

Please leave messages for his friends and family in the group here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Prashanth-Setty/209752059060868

Update 25/6/11

Sorry for the late notice

If anybody would like to attend the funeral, it is being held at Charing crematorium, in Ashford, Kent, at 12pm on 25/06/2011. For full details please see the facebook link above. Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I remember taking the **** out of him all them years ago. Odd and cruel world. Was he unwell or was it an accident :(

Condolences to his family.

Please tell me someone on Facebook was winding you up.. that's terrible news if it's true :(

RIP mate, a huge loss to the forums and especially SA :(

No ****ing way :(

Let the dudes in SA know please, he had some good friends in there.

Not sure what happened guys, all i know it was on monday 13th june, while he was at home.

Im sure its not a wind up - a facebook group has been set up. We had many mutual friends and there are a lot of messages.... :(

I was in two minds whether to post the news, but i know he had a lot of friends on here.

If i can find out any more, ill try and let you guys know.

Soldato
OP
hi guys, just an update.

I have tried contacting friends about this to find out what happened, but havent heard anything back yet. We really are in shock and cannot believe it.

I was not a close friend, but had known him a few years through our course, and we have many mutual fb friends. So i feel it would be inappropriate to post the facebook page link here, as im worried it will be open to abuse being a public forum and all. ( i know you guys have the best of intentions)

Im messaging his friends who created the facebook page, asking for an update, and will provide a link to this thread showing how many friends he had on here.

If they feel it appropriate to pass on the link, then i / or they will.

We have to respect his family and close friends, and if they want privacy, then private it will stay. Hope thats ok.

Soldato
OP
I was hoping in some weird way I was going to wake up today and all this be outed as a sick joke :/

R.I.P. Greeny :(

I know the feeling, i couldnt sleep at all last night. I really wish it was a joke - i was hoping i got his forum name mixed up this morning- but i remember finding out we were in the same year, studying the same course, here on the forums. How surreal was that. Never thought it would end like this.

Im hoping he's going to come back and post on here :(

Soldato
OP
Hi all, not much of an update. Have been speaking to friends all day, and nobody is really in the know about what happened. Its not good to speculate about these sorts of things im sure you will all agree. We just cant believe it has happened. He really was the face of liverpool; have spent the day thinking and talking about him - all good memories :)

Its at times like this it really makes you value what you have, and brings you close to the people you care about and love.

This is not the first time something similar has happened; a fellow student in my year committed suicide when we were in our clinical year - he was there with us joking and laughing one day, then literally the next day when we came in we find out he is no longer with us. Today has really brought back those dark memories; attending the funeral was really difficult -we started the year together, we should have finished it together. Never have i cried so much at a funeral.

May they both rest in peace.

Just felt like i needed to get that off my chest.

Soldato
OP
Hi again,

Have just received a message from one of his friends.

It seems he died at home, in his sleep on the morning of the 13th. Cause of death is unknown, with further tests impending or awaited.

In respect of his friends and family, it would be appreciated if what happened is not discussed any further at this time. I know it sometimes helps brings closure to it all, but it is all irrelevant really, as it will not bring him back. If I find out anything, ill pass the information on at their discretion, but they need time and space to come to terms with everything.

The funeral will be this weekend.

Please leave messages for his friends and family in the group here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Prashanth-Setty/209752059060868

Thanks von Smallhausen for linking this thread already.

Soldato
OP
It may be a good idea to put this post or at least the FB link in the original post as an update otherwise people will still continue to ask how it happened.

Anyway thanks for update, very unfortunate indeed, feel so sorry for the family.

Thanks for that advice. First post updated.

Its good the see how strong the community spirit is on here.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the late update - on a nightshift currently (and dont have access to facebook)

If anybody would like to attend, the funeral service is being held tomorrow at Charing Crematorium in Ashford Kent, at 12pm. For full details please see the facebook page linked in the first post.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom