• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R08ST ME

Associate
4080, I bought one :(

I wanted a 3080FE back in 2020, I fell in love with it. But I couldn't get one. And by the time I could get one in 2022 the mere thought of the opportunity left a sour taste in my mouth. So I did the next worst thing and purchased a 4080. So in lieu of a 4080 owners thread I present to you the 'R08ST ME' thread. Go crazy.

Soldato
72b41d.jpg

Associate
I own an older 3440x1440 100Hz monitor (7 years old?) with a G-Sync module and decided to downgrade to 1440p Adaptive Sync for versatility. I wanted the few hundred squid for that.

if youre downgrading to 1440p wouldn't that cracking deal on the 6900XT for £650 be a better choice? not trying to knock you or anything just more of a curiosity. I think you would still be able to use adaptive sync not sure how it works with Nvidia, i know AMD Freesync supports Nvidia cards not sure if it works the same the other way around.

Soldato
4080, I bought one :(

I wanted a 3080FE back in 2020, I fell in love with it. But I couldn't get one. And by the time I could get one in 2022 the mere thought of the opportunity left a sour taste in my mouth. So I did the next worst thing and purchased a 4080. So in lieu of a 4080 owners thread I present to you the 'R08ST ME' thread. Go crazy.
Geforce 'Till I Die,
I'm Geforce 'Till I Die,
I know I am I'm sure I am
I'm Geforce 'Till I Die,
GE, FORCE!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
if youre downgrading to 1440p wouldn't that cracking deal on the 6900XT for £650 be a better choice? not trying to knock you or anything just more of a curiosity. I think you would still be able to use adaptive sync not sure how it works with Nvidia, i know AMD Freesync supports Nvidia cards not sure if it works the same the other way around.

I had a good think about that, I'm thoroughly enjoying my 5800X3D. And I plan to upgrade my CPU Mobo to the AMD side in the future. I've had a great time with Ryzen.

Back
Top Bottom