• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R290 flashed to R290X not booting

Associate
So i got my new graphics card purchased preflashed from here and went to install it this morning and my pc fails to boot with it fitted, it stalls at code 97 on motherboard led display (system spec in sig) which is, i believe, load VGA Rom. Sounds to me like it's not been flashed properly or it just didn't work.

I tried it in another pc and i got no video out with it in that one either. Fit old cards back in each pc and they boot fine. I had uninstalled the drivers prior to fitting the R290

Is my card borked or am i just unlucky and it doesn't like my pc's. Either way i think its time to RMA it.

Associate
OP
Brought it preflashed so i don't want to mess about flashing it myself.

Will try the bios switch thanks. I assume it has a dual bios?

Associate
OP
Weird it maybe but it definately looks like a bad flash, it boots with the switch in one position and not in the other so it sounds like a bad flash to me? Switch towards exhaust ports = pc doesn't boot, switch towards power connector = pc boots.

Associate
OP
I did flick the bios switch and the above picture is with the card running in that position, i assume the other position is the "R290X" position and thats the one that doesn't boot.

Yeah its going back for a refund.

I didn't see anything about the cards not working on non Asus mobo's, if i knew that i wouldn't have got it and i can't check now as its no longer listed on the shops website.

Associate
OP
Why should he reflash it anyway? He paid extra for a service and the card doesn't work so it should be returned for a refund.

Op, one thing you can try, do you have the latest bios for your motherboard? This can sometimes fix graphics card incompatibilities.

I owe you a beer or three, after updating the bios on the mobo

r290_2 by mac1982, on Flickr

Much happier :D, thanks for all the help guys MUCH appreciated.

Associate
OP
Indeed i must admit it did seem odd under the circuimstances, and i must also admit being a little hasty to assume something like that :o.

Still thanks to you guys all sorted now and works a treat, BF4 on ultra looks good :D.

Back
Top Bottom