• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

On elpida mem too and i have a great clocker.

If it is stock stable, wouldnt worry. You might even find that it can go a long way with a bit of tweaking.

Found my core voltage to affect Vram stability when clocking it. Couldnt break 1500 without upping the voltage.

I don't think there's any model number on the PSU itself (can't check right now), but my original order says: "XFX 850w Black Edition Modular Power Supply". It's from 2009.

If I replace it, it will probably be with a 750W Super Flower, based on advice in another thread.

5 years is a pretty good stint with a PSU - it has done pretty well (if it is borked). Having said that a better unit should last you longer, my Corsair AX850 has a 10 year guarantee!

750W will be PLENTY for 1 card, you could get away with 650 or even 550 (just) with a decent brand. Super Flower units are excellent so go for it!

Ok after a lot of thought and uncertainty i stuck with the 290 range and have ordered an MSI Gaming 290X as its a good price and i just cant seem to look past the 290 range when you look at price vs Performance.
I nearly pulled the trigger on an Nvidia 780 but was unsure and i have only owned the reference 290 so far, so here`s hoping the new card is bug free.

hi guys im have noise issues with my powercolor 290 pcs+ with fan set to auto sits at 30% and when playing planetside 2 temps go up to 62 approx and the fans kick in I usually dont mind but my wife has noticed the extra noise any tips on setting a better fan profile?

hi guys im have noise issues with my powercolor 290 pcs+ with fan set to auto sits at 30% and when playing planetside 2 temps go up to 62 approx and the fans kick in I usually dont mind but my wife has noticed the extra noise any tips on setting a better fan profile?

Use afterburner to create a custom fan profile, then you can tailor it to your audible tastes.

Hi there,

I have the same card and thanks to its excellent cooling solution I've been able to make it run much more silent. I'm still considering making the fans run even slower but at the moment, using MSI Afterburner, I've setup a custom fan profile so that the card never goes above 48% fan speed no matter what. On load it gives me temperatures around 70 degrees so definitely not an issue from that perspective.

Back
Top Bottom