• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
Which is the 290x of choice currently chaps? I escaped the 970 thanks to it being faulty!

My sapphire 5850 still beats strong in my pc, but its ancient and since giving one away due to said 970 the remaining one cannot keep up!

Soldato
Yaya, I actually bought 2 but sent one back as it ****** me off. The cooler broke one of the clips on my Psu leads as they're a tight fit pushing past the cooler to get the power plugged in.

Soldato
Seems kind of pointless to me, LE has 1030 and standard has 1080, Doesn't seem worth it to put so much effort into marketing 2 different types for the sake of 50MHZ which you can easily obtain in like 2 seconds :p

That's the only difference matey. That's why the LE are fantastic buys, they even overclock as well as the non LE.

Soldato
Physically they're identical. Just a different bios version installed to lower the core clock.

That's the only difference matey. That's why the LE are fantastic buys, they even overclock as well as the non LE.

Seems a little crazy to me XD

Oh well, Question for the AMD gurus on here, Now I've been reading up on memory and read that Hynix and Samsung are the best you can hope for on a 290/290X with Elpida being the least favourite for overclockers.

Can someone enlighten me on this please ? :)

**I have Hynix on my 295X2 and have managed 6400 stable**

Back
Top Bottom