• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

That's what they all say. :p
Lol. I'm genuinely surprised AMD haven't seized on the opportunity to make an announcement. I think by doing so they might stop a lot of people giving MORE money to Nvidia by jumping ship from a 970 to 980, and have them happy to wait if they knew what AMD were going to be offering. Any indication on WHEN they might be releasing some info? Are we talking days/weeks/months?

Lol, Boom out in full force.
Can't wait for you to change teams again...

I've always been completely impartial. Always used Nvidia / AMD and given honest impressions of the cards performance from my own experience, we have a 290X and 980 here. I've never been on a 'team' like some of you seem to be.. What I said there is that the 290X is a bit behind the 980 in a latest Nvidia sponsored title read 'gimped' (Dying Light) even without an optimized driver. Says a lot for the performance of the 290X, and at nearly half the cost of 980 what a bargain !!

Now that Nvidia have started false advertising, with no apology or attempt at communication with the consumer it's AMD all the way !!

So yeah now I am on the RED team for reals though. Don't support false advertising from any company, also complete and total disregard of their consumers..

Oh and I won't be switching teams anytime soon. Not unless Nvidia have a change of personality..

5hkH8uE.gif.png

D8XFp92.gif.png

s9Uq2mC.gif

Last edited:
A better, brighter, smoother gaming experience awaits - and yes 4GB means 4GB. :D :p :cool:

+1 :D

Matt,

Can you share you're setting for 2x msi light 290X's in the Afterburner properties, and CCC please ;)

i.e do you diable ULPS in after burner, anything else you change?.
Do you also disable Frame Pacing? do you Enable AMD CrossfireX for applications that have no associated application profiles, under Enable AMD CrossfireX.

Also, i use Open Hardware Monitor.
I notice in BF4, the load jumps about a lot, as low as 7% then back up to 100% etc. is that normal?

Cheers ;)

Lol. I'm genuinely surprised AMD haven't seized on the opportunity to make an announcement. I think by doing so they might stop a lot of people giving MORE money to Nvidia by jumping ship from a 970 to 980, and have them happy to wait if they knew what AMD were going to be offering. Any indication on WHEN they might be releasing some info? Are we talking days/weeks/months?

Yep, they may of had a sale to me.

+1 :D

Matt,

Can you share you're setting for 2x msi light 290X's in the Afterburner properties, and CCC please ;)

i.e do you diable ULPS in after burner, anything else you change?.
Do you also disable Frame Pacing? do you Enable AMD CrossfireX for applications that have no associated application profiles, under Enable AMD CrossfireX.

Also, i use Open Hardware Monitor.
I notice in BF4, the load jumps about a lot, as low as 7% then back up to 100% etc. is that normal?

Cheers ;)

This will sort your gpu usage out. :)

KdLwLxs.jpg

Keep frame pacing on, it's golden. :)

EDIT

Change Standard MSI to Extended MSI.

Last edited:
This will sort your gpu usage out. :)

KdLwLxs.jpg

Keep frame pacing on, it's golden. :)

EDIT

Change Standard MSI to Extended MSI.

Thanks matt i'll try it.

Do you have a good setting so i can keep v.sync off, maybe capped fps for 144hz monitor, with fps showing, info, and that monitor that shows you any spikes etc. can't think of the file u use that's placed into the bf4 folder :D

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom