• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Yep, what's up?

Great, OK so I'm running the following:

CPU I7 3930K
GPU MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming Edition 4096MB (x2)
ASUS Ramage IV Extreme Motherboard
16GB RAM
1200W PSU
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (New install)
Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz

My display flickers randomly and inconsistently. Whether on the desktop, in a game or watching a film. Every now and then the display will flicker once, very briefly. Also, there is some stuttering. Sometimes when moving the mouse on the desktop it will stutter/stick very briefly. Sometimes a game will also stutter very briefly.
So far there is only one circumstance where the display will go black and lose signal and that is during a specific game. The PC is locked up at this point and needs to be switched off at the mains in order to restart it.

What do you guys think?

Why not go with the Corsair bracket if other users around have used them and are satisfied?

it looks poo tbf, you have the take apart you old cooler and fit the blower into the hg10. that spins and cooler the VRM and ram but there is no heat sinks on the then so i cant see hot it cools them. because of how a blower work it would just throw air all over the place

Great, OK so I'm running the following:

CPU I7 3930K
GPU MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming Edition 4096MB (x2)
ASUS Ramage IV Extreme Motherboard
16GB RAM
1200W PSU
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit (New install)
Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz

My display flickers randomly and inconsistently. Whether on the desktop, in a game or watching a film. Every now and then the display will flicker once, very briefly. Also, there is some stuttering. Sometimes when moving the mouse on the desktop it will stutter/stick very briefly. Sometimes a game will also stutter very briefly.
So far there is only one circumstance where the display will go black and lose signal and that is during a specific game. The PC is locked up at this point and needs to be switched off at the mains in order to restart it.

What do you guys think?

remove all overclocks idealy reset Bios and the GPU's and test system

also what brand 1200W PSU

Just seen an review/test of the hg10 and vrm 2 hit 85c running valley

Did they set a custom fan profile in Afterburner (or similar). If you don't the fan never speeds up as the core is sitting at a comfortable temperature.

I can do a Unigine test on mine if you like, and report back VRM temps.

Back
Top Bottom