• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Associate
Ah great to hear. Spread the word my man. Gpu-z needs an update. It doesn't even report the right values for the 290X.

Zed read this post above. The guy did what i said and he also uninstalled gpu-z and the issue is gone. Worth a shot mate. Also could be a problem with the Sapphire bios. Can always try flashing the asus one. You know where my bios flash guide is if you need it. :)

Good old Frosty knows what hes doing. :D

Did flashing the asus bios on a sapphire change anything about the memory overclocking causing either flickers or crashes/black screens on the desktop ? (usually if you overclock the memory in the CCC, and then *reboot* the computer).

Soldato
I have an Asus card and was getting desktop distortion and crashing when overclocking the memory. I just upped the voltage .5mv and it seemed to settle down lol. AMD <3

Using GPUTweak btw.

Unwillingly

Last edited:
Associate
ok for some reason the amd drivers stopped this card from working.... wouldn't boot into windows with the drivers hmmm time to reinstall them and see if it happens again. Took card out booted pc wiped drivers fine. it works again..

Associate
With my sapphire 290x on stock volts if i put the memory above 1400 i get the horizontal lines on the desktop too.( when i move the cursir or ooen a window etc)

Back
Top Bottom