• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
Dewivewy :)

jims.jpg

Soldato
Mine is coming this evening between 4.30pm and 5.30pm(I incorrectly but 5pm and 6pm in one of the threads in the latest news section), was hoping for it to come by 1pm but oh well.

I still need to finish building the PC, not tried again in the last couple of days(not had the chance) but was having trouble with the sata power cable of the ax860 not going in the ssds, HDD and dvdrw for some reason.

I was planning on holding off on the red braided bitfenix extension cables but might have to if the sata power cable isn't going on.

Could use my cooler master real power m850 PSU but its over 5years old, the ax860 I bought in the last couple of weeks(along with the 750d).

Soldato
lol no just pointless :p Couldn't find the oven gloves.

(One joke can't hurt :p)

The oven bag is for the chicken which comes free with every card.

No haribo this time.

Let us know how you get on with the cook, you won't be Frosty for very much longer :)

Soldato
I want two. I don't even know why. This is terrible...lol

How bad is it... I can't even wait till I'm home to test this one first :D

Must...resist

It's fine, just had another look at the cheap reference cooler and it's settled me for at least another 2 hours :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
New 290X drivers today. Credit to Flopper for the discovery. Newer than the press/review drivers.

In our AMD Radeon R9 290X review we used a new Catalyst beta driver, Catalyst 13.11 Beta V5. For those that have purchased a new Radeon R9 290X, you may be wondering what driver to use. We just got word that the official driver to use for the R9 290X is coming publicly to AMD.com tomorrow.

Just a bit of news so you new R9 290X owners will have an awesome gaming experience when you get your cards, make sure to use that new driver. Have fun.

Sauce
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/10/24/amd_driver_for_r9_290x_coming_tomorrow
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/member.php?u=103453

Caporegime
Cheers, was looking for those last night - could only find some beta4 ones not these which all the reviewers were using - as the ones on the CD-ROM are probably too old.

If you can't wait use 13.11 beta from AMD's site. The new drivers will appear late afternoon - evening time. They might appear first on Guru3d forums here.

Back
Top Bottom