• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 FURY MEMORY OVERCLOCK

Associate
I've tried different versions of afterburner in which when I press the tick it reverts back to 500mhz, AMD's own OC'ing software doesn't have the option to overclock.. what am I missing :/

Last edited:
Soldato
You can't, sadly. AMD broke HBM overclocking on the Fury cards a long, long time ago and when questioned about it said it was never meant to be enabled in the first place, so they refused to fix it. I believe 16.12.2 is the last version where you can overclock the HBM, which is from early 2017.

Associate
OP
You can't, sadly. AMD broke HBM overclocking on the Fury cards a long, long time ago and when questioned about it said it was never meant to be enabled in the first place, so they refused to fix it. I believe 16.12.2 is the last version where you can overclock the HBM, which is from early 2017.
Ahh Brill thank you! That is a shame! Excluding the 290x which lasted a few hours, I've only ever had 1 AMD card 5700xt which went back due to memory clock not stable at stock.. so this is my 2nd AMD card vs dozens of nvidia cards.. I guess I'll have to leave it stock! Thank you

Caporegime
In testing overclocking the HBM made very little difference, and it caused stability issues, so it was disabled. That said I believe it was possible to overclock it at one point using afterburner. It overclocked in straps too, something like 500-545-600Mhz from memory. It wasn’t until hBM 2 that it became worthwhile to overclock.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it! :) overall I'm very impressed with the build quality! it does appear to have a slight buzzing sound which I can hear through the computer case? doesn't sound like coil whine though?? still a great card though I'm testing games at 1440p and still holds it's own imo!

Back
Top Bottom