Race reports

Soldato
You'd usually pull off into the wind to give maximum protection to the riders behind but it can get a bit confusing if you have inexperienced riders in the team and the direction of the wind changes a few times.

Soldato
You'd usually pull off into the wind to give maximum protection to the riders behind but it can get a bit confusing if you have inexperienced riders in the team and the direction of the wind changes a few times.
Makes sense! We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Soldato
Little photo from my TT on Thursday. (which I thought went awfully)

6BRi39Czrut8759rw6up_68QYERtY_a9-A9q8sfJ_w=w960-h593-no

Think I've got some gains to be made by getting my back lower.

Soldato
Looks like you could go longer on the stem and more forward on the saddle which will help you when you lower the stem as well, as you seem a bit bunched up.

Different one for me today, did the 40k bike leg of the London triathlon with some friends. Decided to take the road bike as I thought it would be more fun, and I was keen to see my power for an hour. Ended up a good move as I'd have barely been on the extensions at all with the amount of slow moving traffic.

It was mayhem in places, with some tight corners and very dodgy riding. Still, fairly pleased to have made it in just a touch over an hour, with an average of 24.7mph. Watts were only 301w, down on what I was hoping, but an NP of 318w reflects the stop start. All in for a road bike effort happy, on a straight course I'm sure it would have been a couple of minutes faster but good fun nonetheless.

Soldato
6th in club champs yesterday, rode well closing down some attacks and making a few of my own but bit of bad luck at the end.

Still need to get more aero! On the front here, since I have taken another 5mm out from under my stem tonight, so close to slammed now.

A89F1585-136B-428E-A773-EF8731D88043_zpsfyo6gprj.jpg

Beautiful afternoon for it, last year we had sideways rain and massive wind followed by snow, I abandoned after 20km then!

E4C21684-FA10-4D64-8D0D-DE9DA763C775_zpsnosz1kmx.jpg

Soldato
OP
So yeah..didn't get in. 480 entries! Cut off is 20:37, cut off for reserves is 20:57 so nowhere near!

If it makes you feel any better I was too late to enter. Ridiculous standards in TTing at the mo, doing a long 19 barely seems like an achievement when riders are doing 18s. Makes my long 23 PB look a bit crap (probably because it is).

Hilly TT today, second placed club rider and maybe scraped top 10 pending official results. Really enjoyed this, pacing was even more of a challenge and sweeping descents on a TT bike gives an awesome sense of speed. Hulking a TT bike up 10% inclines with a 39x25 lowest gear was a grind though.

https://www.strava.com/activities/365279390

Soldato
Sorry to pollute thread with Tri results but it's still a race, sort of!:D

Total: 2:34:02

Swim: 39:11
Bike: 1:03:36
Run: 43:53
Transitions: Bleh

Not bad for my first ever Tri, although my swimming really was weak. Guys were breast stroking past me as I did front crawl! I didn't feel great for the bike/run following on from the tough swim but I did the best I could.

Soldato
Niceone Berger, looks like such great roads for racing on. So much space compared to the UK.

Do you get a lot of traffic while racing at all?

Not a lot compared to in town or the UK, most of the roads are very quiet. We do cross a train line twice, and had to stop at the weekend, similar to France, no barrier just lights.

We are lucky that Bathurst is one of the oldest clubs in Australia, as no other club I know of is able to have road racing every week.

We are allowed to with minimal traffic controls in place and you are trusted to do the right thing! Keep to the left lane, give way at junctions etc.

Soldato
OP
Flipped my stem and switched the tail on my Giro Selector ahead of yesterday's 10. Despite my legs being tired from Sunday they felt pretty good once I got going. Result: new PB of 23:27!

https://www.strava.com/activities/366043137

Selling my Powertap and got a Power2Max on the way so it will be interesting to get some power data for 10s. I doubt I'll use it for pacing shorter TTs but should be a good indicator of good/bad aero changes and of freshness.

Soldato
So first go proper with my new position today, I dropped my cockpit by 1 large spacer, moved my pads forward 1 slot and my extensions forward 1.5cm.

Was on the H25/8, unfortunately the scene of the death earlier in the week, surprised the TT was still on, but guessing this was because the guy didn't die during racing.

With a strong SW, the first 4 miles were quite tough, and I had a sub 25mph first 5mile split, but after this my speed picked up. Unfortunately I lost a bit of focus between about 15 and 20 miles, and seemed to struggle, but came alive in the last 5 miles putting in a 10:30 last 5 miles. I officially recorded a 58:38, but have queried this as I think I should be closer to 58:30 and therefore a PB for 25 miles. It's a shame my 15-20 miles wasn't quicker, as think I could have got closer to 58minutes.

Checking stats, and my Power was at a new high of 260W(270W NP) for the 25. So about 15W better than my previous PB. Nice to finally see some improvemtns after an up and down year.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/866447040

Probably final TT of the year next weekend, but this is a 4up with a few mates, so looking forward to smashing it round, although I'll be riding with a guy who rode a 54:30 today, so it's going to be a torture chamber! :D

Back
Top Bottom