Racism or not?

Soldato
I'm now making a point of highlighting discrimination against men wherever I see it. I get laughed at quite a bit, especially at work (where every other email and poster is promoting womens groups, reminding us to try to strongly consider women candidates for promotion and even offering cash incentives for recommending women only applicants on our graduate scheme - no cash incentives for recommending male candidate).

But once you realise it's there you see just how widespread it is. Apparently white boys are doing progressively worse than any other demographic at school. Where are the programmes to understand why that's happening and redress the balance in the same way that we used to have calls to address imbalance of girls and minority groups in the past?

Racism is racism and sexism is sexism, whichever demographic is on the receiving end and it must be stamped out.
In think people are starting to see it but feel uncomfortable bringing it up. It's everywhere adverts, TV shows, job interviews.

Man of Honour
And you think that's a problem?

It is in a culture when anti-"white" racism is normal and strongly encouraged.

For a brief period of time there was a general move towards genuine equality, where a person is seen as a person. In terms of racism, that was most eloquently expressed by (unsurprisingly) Martin Luther King when he talked about people being "judged not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character". Now we're moving away from it again, back to biological group identity being the dominant ideology. The position of various group identities in the hierarchy changes, but the basic idea remains the same. The regressive left has destroyed King's dream as it has destroyed concepts such as "equality", "tolerance", "diversity" and "liberalism". It has done more harm than other equally irrationally prejudiced but more honest ideologies.

Soldato
You won't find many examples of countries where the longer standing population groups have done well when there has been mass migration and they themsleves have become a minority in their country.

The main example where it kinda of works to the longstanding populations advantage is the Emirates....

But they make it work by making everyone else a second (predominately westem ex pats) or third (the cheap imported labour mostly from South Asia the Philippines) class citizens.

And even then the majority don't generally have citizenship of the country so can be kicked out at the Emirates direction.

Soldato
I drop this here https://www.23andme.com/en-gb/

Do the test, come back and tell us if your family history is "white British"

Prior to the 1950's the last significant addition to the genetic diversity of the UK was from the germanic tribes (Angles Saxons Jutes etc) in the early dark ages.

'White British' isn't a particular genetic group unique in Europe or elsewhere its just the term for white people who are more or less fully integrated into the wider white population of the Britain.

I work with a bloke with a Polish surname. He doesn't speak more than about five words of polish beacuse he inherited the name from his immigrant Polish grandparents on one side. He's 'white British' and it doesn't matter that he has DNA from Eastern Europe.

In a similiar vein there is discernible DNA differences between whites with longstanding heritage in say parts of Wales (celtic origin) and Northumbria (viking) but people from both groups could be described as 'white British' so you question is a straw man because 'white British' is a group that can't be defined by genetics as being distinct from other groups of white skinned people. Rather 'white british' is a stament about a persons skin colour and nationality /place of birth.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mr. Lammy has shown me the error of my ways. I shall ensure that none of my family support the post-colonial patronisation of the Ugandan people via this racist charity.

I shall also insist that they avoid paying as much UK tax as is legally possible so that HMG cannot carry on this vile practice on our behalf.

Man of Honour
If David Lammy is claiming that the colour of Stacey dooleys skin makes a difference to whether her actions are acceptable, then yes, Lammy is being racist.

Soldato
I'm not at all concerned about the colour of people's skin honestly. Only an idiot would hold a grudge against someone purely for the way they looked and the tone of their skin.

What matters to me is their cultural values and religious beliefs. Specifically I've worked alongside several Muslims and to be honest they have opinions and prejudices which genuinely worry me.

They spent half the time at work criticising the laws and values of people in this country. They've literally told me they're only here to make money and consider Western values a threat to their way of life. I also had a gay colleague at work who they refused to speak to or make physical contact with citing 'religious beliefs' as the excuse.

I think we're far too quick to assume that just because a person is in a minority they somehow should be given the moral high ground in any argument, have no agenda of their own and would offer others the rights granted to them if they were the majority. It's very clearly not the case from some minorities I've spoken to.

If that makes me racist for suggesting it them so be it!

Back
Top Bottom