• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon Image Sharpening Comparisons - On Vs Off

Caporegime
OP
Very subtle, really had to squint to see the difference but does a good job of it.
If you expand the example pictures to native resolution, it's actually really obvious how much sharper and clearer RIS can make a soft image.
Yep click the images, view full screen and use the slider. Difference is huge. He's only using 80%, i sometimes use 100% but that is perhaps too sharp for most people.

Caporegime
OP
Does AMD's sharpening make aliasing more visible on edges? Many games that support sharpening filters have this problem, because they adjust colour ranges, causing lighter pixels to stand out more (WD: Legions for example).
Not that I have seen on the dozen or so games I play, but there may be outliers I'm not aware of.

Back
Top Bottom