• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon R9 290X Sees Price Cuts

Man of Honour
AMD is apparently working with its add-in board manufacturers and retailers to bring down prices of its flagship single-GPU graphics card, the Radeon R9 290X. The card can now be had for as low as $449, non-reference design, factory-overclocked cards starting at a $50 premium. Prices could settle down somewhere between $450 and $500. This closely follows AMD's move to bring down price of its dual-GPU flagship Radeon R9 295X by a whopping 34 percent, down to $999, offering performance competitive to the $2999 GeForce GTX TITAN-Z. NVIDIA is preparing two new graphics cards competitive in performance to the Radeon R9 290 series, the GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 980. The two are based on the company's new 28 nm "GM204" silicon, implementing the "Maxwell" GPU architecture.

http://www.techpowerup.com/205218/radeon-r9-290x-sees-price-cuts.html

Now there are no excuses not to join me in the 290X owners thread.:D

Who wants a Maxwell card with a puny 256bit bus when you can get a card with a man sized 512bit bus.:D:)

Man of Honour
OP
AMD with 512bit Bus and slow VRAM

V

Titan with 384bit Bus and fast VRAM

@4K the AMD cards trump the NVidia cards right up to the point when the red team run of of VRAM.

You pays your money and takes your chance.

Man of Honour
OP
My PCS+ idles at 36c @ 28% fanspeed.

Heat is not the issue, bad coolers and fancurves are. Take advantage of the high heat tolerances and set a target temperature just shy of 90, the fans never need to ramp up high to make much noise.. except if you're on a reference design, in which case you're screw'd.

This is mine idling and with 0% fan speed too.;)

Room temp is 24c

sIyI1Ib.jpg

Back
Top Bottom