radiator power flushing

Associate
hey folks anyone had any experience of this in their homes, last night after a weekend away turned the heating on to get the chill off the house and the radiators took quite a bit of time to get up to temp with cold spots in the middle bottom of pretty much all of them. called round today for a quote to do the job was shocked with how much it was between 600-750 ex vat which seemed high until I realised I have like 13 radiators in the house and the bloke would be here pretty much all day flushing and installing a magnaclean.

Associate
OP
yeah speaking with my father we are gonna take one of the smaller rads off and drain and flush it at that point if it is bad I will probably see about adding a cleaning additive to the rad and let that circulate around the system and then drain down the entire system and take each rad off and clean them out and inhibit the system. got another quote anyway and this one is like £500 cheaper than the first, bloke will even take a 28mm Fernox TF1 i have spare from my previous house which never got installed as part ex for a 22mm magnaclean

Back
Top Bottom