Radiators

Associate
Hi. Should fans blow onto rads to waft cooling air onto, or blow from rads to remove heat??
Or maybe a bit of both?

Associate
It doesn't really matter, What you're referring to is push / pull. If you google it there has been a lot of ongoing discussion going around in circles!

I personally prefer pull, it's easier to clean the rads although I'd argue only slightly. Currently my rads are all in push as I had to go that route to get everything in my case, a blast of air still gets the dust out.

Do what you prefer!

Push + Pull (a bit of both) is the best solution, but it's most useful on thicker and/or denser finned radiators. It allows you to run the fans slower and keep noise levels down. The differences are still relatively small though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whatever is easiest and prettiest for your setup. There are arguments for push, pull and push/pull but ultimately there's very little difference in the real world. As long as you're not doing something daft like drawing already warm air through a radiator (e.g. front-mounted radiator drawing air from outside blowing directly into a top-mounted radiator set as an exhaust), you're going to be fine.

Soldato
As said above, doesnt really matter too put. Do which ever looks best or provides optimal air flow through your system. Ive got 3 360 rads in my system, side and bottom are pull, top is push

Man of Honour
Push or pull doesn't make much difference at all but push and pull at the same time can make a big difference depending on the radiator. My pair of Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX280 rads perform brilliantly in push/pull at low rpm's which give me excellent cooling while remaining silent.

Associate
I've got top and front rads, both intakes, both push. I'd rather look at the side of a rad then the sides of a bunch of fans and it made the tube routing easier.

Back
Top Bottom